Create a Help Desk Ticket
Purpose of the Help Desk is to join together all maintenance related calls and to
better serve the Kingsborough Community College Faculty and Staff needs in a more
timely and efficient manner. The Computing and Information Technology Department provides
access to information and communication technologies for faculty and staff throughout
Please note, when you call the Helpdesk @ 718-368-6679 or email the Helpdesk@kbcc.cuny.edu and a Help Desk ticket is opened, the Help Desk system will send you an email confirmation
with a reference id, this email will also contain the Trouble Ticket information.
As this ticket is being processed and updates are entered in the system, it will automatically
send you the updates, also when the ticket is closed you will get an email, if you
are not satisfied with the work or disagree that it has been completed, please send
an email to Helpdesk@kbcc.cuny.edu and use the reference id.
We are implementing these enhancements to keep you abreast of where your request for
help is, and what steps are being taken to resolve it. We aim at making the process
of getting help for your IT issues as smooth as possible and looking for your cooperation
and help to improve it further. Any feedback on what we are implementing will be highly
You can contact the help desk by:
Our hours are Monday thru Friday 9:00a.m. 6:00 p.m.
Please provide details of the problem you are having, such as blinking lights, noises,
hardware, and software and error messages if any. This will make it easier for us
to assign the proper technicians.
The Job of the Help Desk Staff is to help Faculty and Staff with:
- Computer Hardware and Software Problems
- Computer Hardware and Software Installation
- New Hardware, Software or Printers.
- New Accounts - User ID's and Passwords
- Forget user ID or Password - Help Desk will unlock account/reset your password
- Connect users to Network computers/printers
- Manuals for help with software applications (Email, Meeting Maker, SIMS)
- Computing questions, software installation
- Computer repair
- Lost file recovery
- Resetting a forgotten password
- Disinfection's of virus infected computers
- Advice on dealing with junk e-mail, electronic harassment, hacker attacks,
- Notification of compromised accounts