What should you expect from a writing intensive course/section?
In a writing intensive section, you can expect to use writing in ways designed to
help you feel more comfortable as a writer. You ll use writing to think more deeply
about course content and make personal connections, to reflect on your learning, and
of course to communicate more effectively in the context of formal essay or research
Characteristics of a writing intensive section:
- There will be a maximum of 25 students in the section.
- 30% of the final grade will be based on writing assignments.
- Revision of drafts, based on feedback, is required.
- Students write informally as well as formally about course content, including their
- Assignments build on one another, allowing for more depth in learning and more opportunities
to adjust your understanding.