Guidelines for "staying active" in the Honors Program
In order to be an active member of the Honors Program and to successfully complete the Honors Program, students must fulfill the following requirements in addition to attending the Honors Program Orientation each semester, and at least one scheduled Honors event during the semester:
- To remain in "good standing" in Honors, you must maintain a cumulative GPA greater or equal to 3.2 each semester.
- Successfully complete at least one honors course by the end of your second semester.
- Successfully complete an additional honors course by the end of your third semester.
- Successfully complete your final honors course by the end of your last semester.
- Successfully complete the Capstone Essay during semester of expected graduation.
Honors students are permitted to complete more than one All-Honors courses, Honors Contract, and/or Honors Enrichment Component each semester.
- If students finish a semester with a GPA below 3.2, they will be removed from the Honors Program. Students may reapply when they meet the Honors GPA requirement.
- If students do not enroll in classes for two consecutive semesters, they will be removed from the Honors Program. Students may reapply to the program.