My Turn SUMMER Registration 2023
Due by Thursday, June 8th, 2023 at 12:00pm
My Turn Student applications for both new and readmit students is now the same application. This application is completed online.
*As soon as you submit the online application, please notify the My Turn office that you have completed the online application.
Due by Monday,
*In order to activate your My Turn application
Due by Monday,
Student Course registration to audit classes - Please complete course request form and submit to the My Turn office before deadline.
On or before June 22, 2023
Students will be notified to confirm their course enrollment through their CUNYfirst Account. Important: Please watch on your emails during the period of 6/16-6/22/23 you will be alerted if a problem arises with class request
June 22 to August 15th, 2023
The Spring module start to end date.
Summer CLASS FORMAT: The spring module’s mode of instruction will include online, in-person, and hybrid (hybrid combines traditional, face-to-face “seat time” with some online learning activities) courses.
Requirement for in-person/hybrid courses:
Students interested in taking in-person/hybrid courses are required to be fully vaccinated. COVID Vaccination status must be uploaded in CUNYfirst before the first day of classes.
New and Current Student Announcement:
As of fall 2020, new and current My Turn students will only be allowed to audit courses and not receive any credits. If My Turn students are interested in matriculating, they will be able to apply for financial aid but will no longer be a part of the My Turn Program. Current matriculated My Turn students will be part of a select cohort of matriculated students who will continue to have their tuition and fees waived and receive credits for the courses you are enrolled in through 2024.
Current Student Announcement:
Please contact the My Turn Office if you have not updated proof of residency or are unsure if you need to update this information (need to be updated annually).
My Turn Students auditing a class cannot take the following courses:
- Computer Science (Math)
- English 1200
- English 2400
- Culinary Arts
FIVE STEPS FOR ENROLLMENT
How To Enroll In The My Turn Program:
New & readmission applicants will be using the same on-line application
- Notify the My Turn office that you have applied.
- Student emplid # will be assigned when the enrollment process is completed. The emplid # is used for registering for classes. The emplid number can be found on your KCC student ID card.
- Students who have not taken classes as of Spring 2022, will need to apply ONLINE as a new applicant. Application is due Thursday 6/8/23 at 12:00pm.
How to Complete MY TURN Student Application ONLINE:
- Please visit KCC MY TURN website to submit a MY Turn application: https://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/myturn/kccmt.html
- Click “MY TURN APPLICATION” at the top of the page.
- After all sections of the MY Turn admission application have been completed, click “Submit Form.”
- Please inform the My Turn Office when the online application has been submitted. Contact the MY Turn office for details 718-368-5079
AS SOON AS YOU COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION, SEND THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO ACTIVATE YOUR APPLICATION:
- Provide Contact information: Full name, phone number, email address and date of application submission.
- Proof of residency:Copy of a recent utility bill, or car registration.
- Proof of age: Birth Certificate, or Medicaid or Medicare Card, or Valid NY State driver’s license or non-drivers license or passport
- Brand New Students only:signed Meningitis form. (Please print out the meningitis form located in the My Turn application page “forms”. A doctor visit is not required, signature required as acknowledgement
- Meningitis vaccination acknowledgement form signed and returned to the MY Turn office
SEND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO:
Option 1: EMAIL Scan documents in pdf version only (NO PHOTOS) include your contact information. Send your email to: Myturn@kbcc.cuny.edu and cc: Susan.email@example.com
(Subject line: MYTURN APPLICATION DOCUMENTS)
Option 2: Fax 718-368-4766 (Please fax documents with your contact information).
Option 3: Bring copies of the required documents to the My Turn office, Room F219.
Call: 718 368 5079 to schedule an appointment, before coming to campus.
You have Submitted MY TURN application and paperwork… WHATS’ NEXT
- Activate Cunyfirst account Self Help desk 718 368- 6551
CUNYfirst – Go to CUNYfirst to retrieve emplid #, this is needed to register for classes, upload vaccination card, view courses you have taken, classroom locations, and view your grades if you are a matriculating student. www.home.CUNYfirst.cuny.edu
Need more help? Reserve your spot for training workshop listed below.
- Blackboard – Website is to view classwork & homework, presentations, announcements from Professor.
Go to the CUNYfirst Portal Website cuny.edu
Need more help? Reserve your spot for training workshop listed below.
- Students must upload COVID vaccination card status in CUNYfirst (see instructions below.) NOTE: COVID VACCINATION CARD need to be uploaded in the system and the meningitis vaccination acknowledgement form signed and returned to the MY Turn office.
NOTE: You will be dropped from your class automatically if your covid vaccination card is not uploaded in the system and the student meningitis vaccination response form is not submitted to the MY TURN Office.
Please be advised that ALL Kingsborough employees and students (including My Turners) be subject to random COVID-19 testing. This protocol remains in place to continue to ensure your safety as well as the safety of all members of our college community.
How to Register to Audit Classes SEE 3 OPTIONS
(Summer Course Request Form)
DEADLINE: NO later than 12:00pm on Monday 6/12/23.
Please keep in mind the traditional students are a priority. Traditional students register first, after which the MY Turn students register for classes that have available seats.
DON’T DELAY IN SUBMITTING YOUR COURSE REQUEST FORM
SUBMIT YOUR COURSE REQUEST FORM ASAP!
Note: Classes with prerequisites & repeating a class will need department approval.
*Please request a first course choice and a second choice if course is not available.
My Turn students enrolled in program can register up to TWO classes, by submitting the course request form by the 3 options listed below:
- Option 1: E-mail your completed course request form no later than 12:00pm on Monday 6/12/23.
- The office will submit your course request for you. Send the completed PDF version course request form NO PHOTOS. Email to: Myturn@kbcc.cuny.edu and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Summer Course selection)
- Option 2: Fax # 718-368-4766 The completed course request form to no later than 12:00pm on Monday 6/12/23. The office will submit your course request for you.
- Option 3: Drop off the completed course request form to the MY TURN OFFICE ROOM F 219. No later than 12:00 pm on Monday 6/12/23. Call 718 368- 5079 to schedule an appointment
*CONFIRMATION OF CLASS ASSIGNMENT REGISTRATION
will be sent to your CUNYfirst account 6/20/23 - 6/22/23
We will attempt to register you in the courses you have listed on your course request form, and we will contact you whether or not you were enrolled via email.
Officially enrolled in a class for Summer 2023
Here is WHATS’ NEXT
Please allow 24-48 hours for registration to process before completing the following steps:
- Student ID Cards: All students are required to have a school ID card. My Turners can proceed to the security office, L202 to have their picture taken for an ID card.
- Registration Fee: The $80 non-refundable registration fee is to be paid at the Bursar’s office, Room A-205. Payments accepted: cash, check, and/or money order at the Bursar window.
- To pay by mail: Mail check and/or money order to: Kingsborough Community College, Attention: Bursar’s Office, A-205, 2001 Oriental Boulevard, Brooklyn, NY 11235.
NOTE: The MY TURN OFFICE DOES NOT ACCEPT CHECKS OR CASH:
- Purchasing Parking Permit: Parking permits can be purchased at the Bursar’s Office, A-205. Students must present a Kingsborough student I.D. card at the time of purchase along with license plate number.
Help looking up Summer Classes and filling out Course Request form?
• Call office for volunteer assistance 718 – 368- 5079
• Call Self Help IT : 718 368- 6551
TRAINING WORKSHOPS for CUNYfirst and Blackboard
Choose the session best fits your schedule.
Call 718- 368-5079 to reserve your seat today.
How to activate your CUNYfirst account and Claim your KBCC Email:
|Session 1||Friday 4/28||Time 11:45-12:45||V Building||Room V-202|
|Session 2||Wednesday 5/17||Time: 11:45-12:45||V Building||Room V-202|
|Session 3||Friday 6/2||Time: 11:45- 12:45||V Building||Room V-202|
How to use Blackboard:
|Session 1||Friday 6/16||Time: 11- 12||V Building||Room V-202|
|Session 2||Tuesday 6/ 20||Time 11- 12||V Building||Room V-202|
SAVE THE DATE FALL TERM 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: THURSDAY, AUGUST 24TH BY NOON
CALL THE MY TURN OFFICE FOR DETAILS
Covid Vaccination Card Upload directions
Student Guide to Vaccination Verification Self Help desk 718 368- 6551
An Acrobat PDF version of this article containing graphics is attached (Vaccine Verification Guide for CUNY Students)
- Log into your CUNYfirst account.
- Click on the Vaccination Verification link in your CUNYfirst menu.
- You will see three options in the Vaccine Information Options section - vaccinated, medical exemption, and religious exception.
- In the Vaccine Information Options section, select Vaccinated.
- Input details for every vaccine dose you received within the Vaccination Information section.
- Select your Vaccination Type from the dropdown menu, starting with the first dose (if more than one was received)
- Input the date the dose was received in Vaccination Date field.
- Select Vaccination Country and Vaccination Location from the dropdown menus.
- If you selected USA as your Vaccination Country, include the State where you were vaccinated.
- If you received more than one vaccination dose, click the Add a Row button to include additional dose details.
- If you received your vaccination in New York State and have a valid NYS Excelsior pass, click the checkmark in the NYS Excelsior Pass Attestation section and fill out your information details exactly as you provided them to the Excelsior App. Please note, this information will not be used to update any information in CUNYfirst.
- Upload your Vaccination Record and NYS Excelsior Pass (if available) in the Supporting Documents section by selecting the appropriate Document Type from the dropdown menu and clicking the Upload button.
- Click Add a Row button to upload additional documents.
- Review the Attestation section and check that you have read and agree to the University vaccination policy. If you are under 18 years old, the Attestation section must be completed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Click the Submit button to submit your information.
- Click OK in the confirmation pop-up window.
- Once submitted, the Approval and Excelsior status fields will appear at the top of the page. You may return to this page to view your approval status at any time.