MENTAL HEALTH and HUMAN SERVICES PROGRAM
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- Which MH courses are Writing Intensive courses?
Professor Billies MH31 Principles of Interviewing and Group Leadership.
- How do I make an appointment to see a professor?
Contact each professor individually on the Contact Us page.
- What kinds of clubs are there for us?
Click on the link for the Mental Health Club.
- When should I sign up for an internship?
The semester before you want to do your field internship.
- Why do I have to use my KBCC email address for signing up for internships?
It is the formal way to make sure you receive required documents and information.
- What if I never check my KBCC email?
Make sure to link your KBCC email to the email address you use. You may miss emails that could keep you from doing your field internship.
- How do I find out if I've been accepted to an internship?
You will be contacted by the Mental Health office after you sign-up. You can also check with the Mental Health office.
- What courses are generally required for fields?
Two courses are required: MH 11 and either MH30, MH31 or MH34.
- What if I have scheduling requirements that conflict with internships?
You must be available for the full internship hours. There are a variety of choices in the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer sessions.
- How many absences are allowed in internships?
You are allowed up to 2 excused absences (to be determined by the professor) and you will fail if you miss any more than 2. It does not matter what the reason is because you must put in the required amount of hours according to New York State.
- Do I have to have two PPDs (Tuberculosis tests)? Is this required?
Some internship require these and other medical documentation, others do not. PPD tests must be at least one week apart and must be done before the internship starts.
- Do I need to get fingerprinted and are there background checks?
Some internships require these, others do not.