President's Messages to the College
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2022
Dear Campus Community,
I am at a loss for words and not quite sure how to process what occurred in Texas today, the murder of 14 innocent children and a teacher, its impact on each of their families, and the pervasive acts of unimaginable violence occurring across the United States, the world, this city and in our neighborhoods. I don't know what to say, but I know I do want students to know that if you need to talk to someone, or if you have been affected in any way, please know that KCC Wellness Services are here for you.
You can reach them at:
- The Counseling Center – 718-368-5975 or email: Counseling.Center@kbcc.cuny.edu
- The Health Center - 718-368-5684
- The Wellness Center - 718-368-5300
- The Women's Center - 718-368-4700
Faculty and staff, please reach out to Mickie Driscoll who will be able to refer you to CUNY's employee assistance program.
Additional Resources and Helplines are as follows:
- If you are in crisis, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- CUNY Crisis Text Line: Text CUNY to 741741
- NYC Well 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355) or text WELL to 65173
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- Trevor Lifeline (LGBTQIA+ suicide prevention) 1-866-488-7386 or Text START to 678678
- The JED Foundation 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Safe Horizon Helpline (domestic violence resource) 1-800-621-4673
- National Domestic Violence Helpline 1-800-799-7233
- SAMHSA Helpline (Substance Abuse/Mental Health) 1-800-662-4357