Apply Now by Filling Out Our Application
For best user experience, please download the form by right-clicking the link and selecting the "Save link/target as..." and proceed to open and fill it out in Acrobat Reader, which can be Downloaded for Free.
As required by Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and The Americans with Disabilities Act(ADA), Kingsborough Community College provides students with disabilities (SWDs) with equal access to all the institution's programs and activities.
According to ADA, the term disability means:
- a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of a person's major life activities, such as walking, seeing, hearing, arm/hand use, learning, breathing, functioning with energy; or
- a record of such an impairment; or
- being regarded as having such an impairment.
Common Used Disability Types
Disabilities may be classified in various ways. The following is a list of commonly used disability categories:
- Blindness or Low Vision
- Chronic Medical Conditions, e.g., asthma, diabetes, fibromyalgia, HIV-AIDS, cancer, lupus, heart disease, Charon’s Disease, sickle cell anemia
- Learning Disabilities, which include dyslexia (reading), dysgraphia (writing), and dyscalculia (math)
- Neurological Disorders, such as ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder), ADHD (Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder), Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), Traumatic Brain Disorder, and epilepsy
- Physical/Mobility Impairment, e.g. arthritis, polio, spinal cord injuries, scoliosis, and other conditions that cause mobility difficulties or result in the use of assistive mobility devices
- Psychiatric/psychological Disabilities, such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and substance abuse recovery
- Temporary Disabilities