COVID-19 Student Protocol
The City University of New York is committed to adhering fully to current and future directives about social encounters from the federal, state, and local public health officials.
Pursuant to campus reopening plans.
- Always wear a mask when on campus and when gathering with other individuals.
- Maintain physical distance of at least six feet on campus and when gathering with individuals outside the classrooms and other common areas.
- Limit the size of on campus gatherings.
- Minimize and limit the size of event gatherings with other students.
The Rules and Regulations for the Maintenance of Public Order pursuant to Article 129a of the Education Law (“Henderson Rules”) prohibits:
- behavior that recklessly or intentionally endangers the health of others.
- behavior that interferes with the institution’s educational processes.
- failure to comply with the direction of a College official.
*Any student found in violation of these directives may be subject to discipline under article XV of the CUNY bylaws. Violations are referred to the Office of Student Affairs.
Accommodations, Modifications and Exemptions
- Based on medical necessity
- Must be approved by the CUNY Office of Disability Programs, in consultation with the NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene, to wear a modified face mask or, in very rare circumstances, no face covering
- Students registered with disability services with hearing and communication disabilities may need their instructor to wear a clear mask for lip and facial expression purposes. College will reach out to the instructor and provide a clear mask