SPARC Online Training
What is SPARC
The City University of New York (CUNY) has launched its new on-line training program known as the Sexual and Interpersonal Violence Prevention and Response Course (“SPARC”). This program addresses New York State’s Enough is Enough (“EIE”) statute that requires all NYS colleges provide students with ongoing education and training about sexual misconduct, including domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, sexual harassment, gender-based harassment, and sexual violence. SPARC is available on a Blackboard platform, and successful completion is noted in the student’s CUNYfirst and Blackboard account.
Who needs to take it?
All Freshman, Transfer students, Club/Organization Officers, Study Abroad, Overnight
travel participants and Student Athletes
**Student Athletes must complete SPARC annually to be eligible to play**
What if I already took it?
If you took the SPARC training already at another institution and you transfer within the CUNY system, you must retake the SPARC training at your new institution.
What if I need assistance?
SPARC Troubleshooting Tips:
- The course is not smartphone or Apple product friendly so you must take the course on a desktop, laptop or tablet
- Please disengage any pop-up blockers while using BlackBoard
- Enable flash
- Use Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser
- Complete all slides- you will see a certificate once the entire course is complete
- Please ensure that you print or save your SPARC completion certificate
- If you continue having issues even after reviewing and implementing these tips then e-mail Title IX Coordinator at Title_IX_inquiries@kbcc.cuny.edu or Damali Dublin at Damali.Dublin@kbcc.cuny.edu
What if I can't take the course due to religious or personal reasons?
If you cannot complete the online training due to the content, please e-mail Title IX Coordinator at Title_IX_inquiries@kbcc.cuny.edu and provide and explanation. If applicable, an alternative will be provided.