In order to access and print any of the PDF forms on our website you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. You can download it for free at: www.adobe.com.
What is a Form I-20 and why do I need one?
A Form I-20 is a government form which certifies that you are eligible for F-1 Student Status. It proves to the U.S. government that you have met admissions requirements and have been accepted for a full course of study. It is the official document that certifies that you have proved to the International Student Advisor/ DSO that you have enough money to study and live in the U.S. without suffering financial hardship. You need a Form I-20 to obtain an F-1 student visa or status, or to keep lawful F-1 status when transferring schools within the U.S.
Below are the application and checklist for the Form I-20 which will be issued by Kingsborough Community College.
F-1 Visa Interview:
Once you have received your Form I-20, you must schedule and attend your interview at the American Consulate/ Embassy for your F-1 Visa. Before you attend your interview, please take the time to ensure that you have the following documents with you:
- Original I-20 Form (signed by you in blue ink)
- SEVIS Fee receipt ($350) (SEVIS Fee Processing Website)
- NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION RECEIPT (DS-160) (Online Visa Application)
- AFFIDAVIT OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT completed by each individual sponsor.
- BANK LETTER in the name of yourself or sponsor
- JOB LETTER/ PROOF OF INCOME: Verification of employment on letterhead stationery
- PHOTOCOPY OF LEASE, DEED, MORTGAGE STATEMENTS or RENT RECEIPTS (For Room & Board Sponsors ONLY)*
- ACCEPTANCE LETTTER
- VALID PASSPORT
It is advised that you prepare for your visa interview and have your documents ready and in order to be presented upon request by the Consular Officer.