Degree Requirements and Student Learning Outcomes
The Board of Trustees of the City University of New York reserves the right to make changes of any nature in the academic programs and requirements of CUNY and its constituent colleges. The information presented here is for information purposes only. Please speak with your advisor and use information in current edition of College Catalog to guide course decision making process.
Associate in Applied Science
The Kingsborough Associate in Applied Science degree programs were specifically designed for students who wish to start a career on a semi-professional level immediately after graduating from the college. The essential liberal arts courses are included to equip students with knowledge, understanding and career flexibility allowing for the option to continue for further education.
- Computer Information Systems, A.A.S.
- Culinary Arts, A.A.S.
- Emergency Medical Services - Paramedic (EMS-P), A.A.S.
- Fashion Design, A.A.S.
- Maritime Technology, A.A.S.
- Nursing, A.A.S.
- Physical Therapist Assistant, A.A.S.
- Polysomnographic Technology, A.A.S.
- Surgical Technology, A.A.S.
- The Business of Fashion, A.A.S.
- Tourism and Hospitality, A.A.S.
Associate in Arts
Students in the Liberal Arts program are exposed to the humanities, social sciences, science, and mathematics. The objectives are similar to the prescribed courses frequently found in the first two years of baccalaureate liberal arts programs. Students who plan to continue their studies and earn higher degrees, find that their Kingsborough Associate in Arts degree serves as a solid foundation for transfer to a four-year or professional college. Provisions for smooth transfer between Kingsborough and CUNY, SUNY and many private colleges are in effect.
The A.A. in Criminal Justice is a joint program with John Jay College of Criminal Justice and part of the CUNY Justice Academy.
- Criminal Justice, A.A.
- Liberal Arts - Children’s Studies Concentration, A.A.
- Liberal Arts - English Concentration, A.A.
- Liberal Arts - General, A.A.
- Liberal Arts - Philosophy Concentration, A.A.
- Liberal Arts - Political Science Concentration, A.A.
- Liberal Arts - Secondary Education Concentration, A.A.
- Liberal Arts - Spanish Concentration, A.A.
- Liberal Arts - Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Concentration, A.A.
Associate in Science
The courses offered in these programs provide sound foundations in those specialties as well as in the essential liberal arts. They were designed to permit students the opportunity for exploration with specialization in their major field. The Kingsborough Associate in Science degree will serve as a foundation for transfer to a four-year professional college or for accepting a position in the chosen field.
The A.S. in Science for Forensics is a joint program with John Jay College of Criminal Justice and part of the CUNY Justice Academy.
- Accounting, A.S.
- Biology, A.S.
- Biotechnology, A.S.
- Business Administration, A.S.
- Chemical Dependency Counseling, A.S.
- Chemistry, A.S.
- Community Health, A.S.
- Computer Science, A.S.
- Earth and Planetary Sciences, A.S.
- Education Studies, A.S.
- Engineering Science, A.S.
- Exercise Science, A.S.
- Fine Arts, A.S.
- Graphic Design and Illustration, A.S.
- Journalism and Print Media, A.S.
- Mathematics, A.S.
- Media Arts, A.S.
- Mental Health and Human Services, A.S.
- Physical Education, Recreation and Recreation Therapy, A.S.
- Physics, A.S.
- Science for Forensics, A.S.
- Speech Communication, A.S.
- Theatre Arts, A.S.
Out certificate programs are designed to provide students with focused in-depth study and professional training.