Skip to main content Skip to footer content

Events Management – Room Reservation & Food Order Process


Events Management

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

The Campus Community,

Welcome to the Spring 2024 Semester! We have much to look forward to this Spring and are looking forward to supporting campus events and initiatives.  The Office of Events Management is here to help Faculty, Staff, and Community groups plan a successful event.  Please visit our Events Management Website here for information, Food Order forms, and resources.

While this email may be a reminder to most, please note some updates listed below.  Most notably, there is new Food Order Form for the campus community to use when catering with Panda House.  Please see the document attached and visit the Events Management website to access the new form.

Contact Information:

You may reach the Office of Events Management at:

Phone: 718-368-6828
Office: A-209

 *Planning: When booking events and meetings, all of your event details should be provided at the event's initial booking. Any changes must be made at least 14 business days before the event, and at minimum, last-minute changes/ confirmations are due the Tuesday before the week of your event.

 The Office of Events Management will:

  • Assist you in reserving your meeting space. Meeting space is limited, so plan early! For large programs (125 guests or more), book at least 3 months in advance.  
  • Reserve tables in the Breezeway.  Tabling events are held in the breezeways and must be booked in advance. Tabling can be used for dispersing information and to promote student clubs.
  • Tabling requests must include a brief description of what will be demonstrated.
  • There are a limited number of tables available on any given day.  Student clubs MUST request a table through STUDENT LIFE
  • Assist with planning meeting logistics (room design, room setup {including the placement of tables, chairs, and staging}, audio-visual support)
  • Keep Security informed on the details of your event.
  • Alert Laborers, Custodial Services, Maintenance, and HVAC of your meeting needs.
  • Supply requested audio-visual equipment to enhance your presentations (equipment includes projectors with laptop computer, microphone, etc.)

*Food Services:  

Internal Catering: If you wish to order refreshments for an event on campus from the college food service, Panda House, please consult the Events Management Webpage for detailed instructions. You should submit your food order form 10 business days before your event.

NEW FOOD ORDER FORM We have updated the food order form to complete and send to approvers electronically more efficiently. You can still print out and fill out the form if you wish.

Upon retrieving all approvals, please provide your Food Order Form to Events Management, and we will submit it to Panda House accordingly.

External Catering:  Please advise Events Management if you have an external caterer for your event.  

 Student Clubs: 

All requests for student club meetings or event spaces, Breezeway tables, and equipment must be processed through Student Life.  To request space for an event or tabling, complete the online Student Life Reservation Request Form from the Student Life page on the KCC website. Student Life will use that information to work with Events Management and reserve a space.

Posting Fliers on Campus:

  • All fliers (and posters) must be approved and stamped by the Office of Student Life (Room C123) and posted in approved areas on campus with drafting dots (not tape). 
  • Unstamped materials and material posted with tape, will be removed by Public Safety and/or The Office of Student Life.  Need drafting dots?  Visit C123. 
  • Approved posting areas on campus include:
  • Columns in the cafeteria and throughout the campus, excluding the wrapped (white) columns in the Bookstore Breezeway and Cluster Breezeway
  • Office of Student Life bulletin board outside Room C123
  • Library Breezeway bulletin boards
  • Fliers and posters are not to be posted on walls (if so, they will be removed)
  • No posting on office/department bulletin boards, doors or tables, without the consent of said office/department

Rental Space Inquiries:

For those of you who are asked about if we rent facilities on campus, the answer is yes!   If you know someone looking to rent space, you may direct them to this website.  When there, they may click on “External Event Inquiry Questions” and fill out the form.  Once they submit the form, we will automatically receive the email and follow up with their request.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you for your time, and we wish you a successful semester.


Linda McKernan, M.A.Interim Events ManagerKingsborough Community College | Office of Finance & Administration | 2001 Oriental Blvd, A-209| Brooklyn, NY 11235 | Phone: 718-368-6642 |

Reminder: all space requests and set-ups, including tabling, need to be booked and confirmed with Events Management by the Tuesday (5pm) before the week of your request. We look forward to assisting you.