Events Management & Food Services
KCC Events (internal)
Events Management will help you with planning and reserving a space for your event. We ask that you keep the following in mind:
- The set-up of your event MUST be confirmed/ finalized by 5pm on the TUESDAY BEFORE the week of your event.
- If there were any changes, Events Management will review them and contact you with any questions
- The Prep Forms are sent to B&G on that Thursday. No changes can be made after this time.
- Room Reservation requests should be made as soon in advance as possible. It’s (usually)
never too early to plan!
- Larger events must be requested at least three months ahead of time
- Please ensure that you have as many details for your event hashed out before making
your room reservation. Think about…
- How many people you will have?
- What kind of set-up do you want?
- What kind of program are you trying to host (educational, party, appreciative) – just think about these things!
- Student Clubs: requests for activities must be directed to the Office of Student Life
Mazevo is the college’s Event Room Reservation system. If you have access, please follow these steps to reserving your room reservation:
- Click here to access Mazevo
- Log-in using your KBCC login
- Click on “Add New Event”
- Answer all of the questions prompted
- When putting in your “start time” and “end time” please include any set-up & break-down time that you need for your event. This will mean that your room should be set-up before you need to access the room to set-up for your event.
- When you reach the “Select a Room Setup” portion, please select a setup that best describes what you would like. Then provide a detailed description of your event in the “Notes” section. In this section, please identify your set-up time, the actual event time and your breakdown time.
Please note: Mazevo will allow you to request the room if it is available, however, Events Management will review & approve your request as the system cannot detect any overlapping conflicts for the same room or different set up requests.
If approved, you will receive an email that states your request was approved.
Regardless of approval, Events Management will call you to go over your request and discuss any changes that need to be made.
No worries! Please email your request to Events.Management@kbcc.cuny.edu and we will assist you with your room reservation. Your email should include answers to the following questions:
- Organization/Department sponsoring the event
- Event name
- Type of event- description or purpose
- Preferred date. Please provide an alternate date as well.
- Start and end time. Will you also need time before the event for your set up?
- Preferred room and alternate choice
- Number of attendees
- Seating/tabling set up
- Do you require a podium, sign in table and/or “lead” table at front of room?
- Audio/visual requirements – laptop/internet/sound/microphone
- Is this event for campus community only or will outside guests as well?
- Will food be provided? If so, will this be from Panda House or an outside caterer?
Food Services – Food Order Process:
If you will be having food at your event, we must be made aware of this to ensure proper set-up and clean up.
To order refreshments for an event on campus from the college food service, Panda House, you must:
- Complete the Food Order form at least 12 days prior to the event.
- Make sure all information is entered on the form and signatures of all necessary approvers are obtained.
- Email the form to Events.Management@kbcc.cuny.edu or bring it to A209. We will review and submit the order to Panda House.
If food will be provided by an outside caterer, please advise. All outside caterers must have NYC Off-Premises Catering License and a Certificate of Liability insurance on file with Kingsborough.
We will follow up with an email or phone call within two days of receipt.
You may access the Food Order Forms Here:Food Order Form for Faculty and Staff Food Order form for Registered Student Organizations (RSO) Panda House Catering Menu
- Frances Qiu
- Panda House
Located in the Beach Café (U-cafeteria)
Office Location: A-209
Our staff can be reached via email at Events.Management@kbcc.cuny.edu (preferred) or at the following phone numbers:
Administrative Event Services:
- Linda McKernan
- Terry Bass
CUNY Office Assistant
Technical Event Services:
Media Services Technician, III
- Philip Cassata
Broadcast Associate Technician, II