Lesson 9 - Unit 5 - Quiz #2
1. Define the word matrix with regard to connective tissues.
2. Compare connective tissues with epithelial tissues with regard to intercellular
volume of matrix.
3. List 4 fibrous connective tissues and explain how the tissue's structure and function
complement each other.
4. Explain the difference in functions of the three types of cartilage found in the
5. List two different types of fascia and state their roles in human anatomy.
6. Explain the relationship between tendons and bursae.
7. Anatomically compare a tendon and an aponeurosis.
8. Explain the relationship between adipocytes and reticular connective tissue fibers.