Do you Intend to Graduate this Semester?
The January 2024 graduation filing period OPENS on September 26 and CLOSES on November 20.
When the filing window is open, go to CUNYFirst to Apply for Graduation (use this link as a guide) if you will meet all requirements by the end of December 2023. Students may NOT be pre-registered for winter module courses. The filing link is deactivated once this window closes.
Matriculated students who are registered for Fall 2023 and will have a total of at least 60 credits passed at the end of the Fall semester (without winter module registration) are able to apply online for graduation using CUNYfirst.
- Go to Academics under your Student Center and click on “Apply for Graduation”.
- If you are not currently attending (OR do not see the link in your account) and you wish to apply for graduation, please reach out to the KCC Graduation team at: email@example.com to request assistance in reactivating your record (OR if attending, activating the link), and then continue the online filing process.
- Alternate method of request: Contact your academic advisor for assistance should the link be missing. The advisor will the contact the Graduation Registrar directly to provide the online link to you.
Kindly take note of the following important point of information:
Please be aware that your curriculum (plan) in CUNYFirst must match the plan that you wish to earn your Kingsborough degree in. You will not be eligible for graduation if the curriculum (plan) you have been taking courses in does NOT coincide with your official plan as listed in CUNYFirst. For example, you cannot be evaluated for an Accounting degree if your official plan on file is Liberal Arts. All requests that do not follow this guideline are denied with no exceptions.
In order to earn a degree you will need to meet the following general requirements:
- Be matriculated during your last term of attendance at Kingsborough.
- Earn 60 credits (or the specific credit requirement for your major) and meet the specific course requirements for your degree.
- Have a minimum 2.000 cumulative grade point average at the end of your last term.
- Have passed a Writing Intensive Course (WIC) if you entered Kingsborough in Fall 2010 or later.
- Meet any required grading requirements for coursework, such as a minimum grade of "C" in Nursing courses.
- Have completed one Civic Engagement (CE) interaction if you are a Pathways student; click here for a list of Civic Engagement courses.
- Have a current online graduation application filed with the Registrar’s Office.
PLEASE MAKE A NOTE—>
The filing period for January 2024 potential graduates will not be extended past the November 20th deadline. Please apply in a timely fashion.
An application generates the evaluation for graduation review. If an application is not filed, an evaluation is not done. Previous applications are not automatically reactivated, and students are required to reapply.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KEEP IN MIND—>
All requirements toward a January 2024 degree must be completed by the end of the Fall 2023 session-A in December. Pre-registered winter module courses are applied toward June 2024 degrees. Students who are registered for winter classes are NOT considered for January 2024 degrees and are automatically denied. They must reapply in the Spring when the June 2024 filing period opens. Check the KCC website’s online calendar for dates.
FINAL “GENTLE” BUT IMPORTANT REMINDER—>
No applications will be accepted past the filing deadline. There will be no exceptions. Please keep track of the dates as time passes quickly.