Community Farm and Garden Logo Contest
KCC Community Farm and Garden (CFG) Logo Contest
Help Us Reimagine the KCC Community Farm and Garden
Kingsborough Community College announces a competition to redesign the KCC Community Farm and Garden (CFG) logo. The competition is open to all students, full-time and continuing education, and alumni. You will help us reimagine the CFG and launch its new era with the redesigned logo.
Students and alumni interested in participating should submit logo in a vector format. A redesign committee will review the proposals and the creator of the winning logo design will be announced and be featured on the KCC website. Kingsborough Community College will retain all rights to the winning logo.
Logo Contest Calendar
|May 10||September 30||October 1-7||October 10|
The mission of the KCC Community Farm and Garden (CFG) is to provide valuable learning opportunities by promoting gardening, growing nutritious and sustainable food, and cultivating a greater sense of community. The garden strives to be a trans-disciplinary space supporting the academic and non-academic values of a community college through sustainable urban agriculture and local food production.
We will provide access to students, faculty, staff, and the wider community, with the purpose of developing a beautiful and nurturing space where it can continue to be used for educational and enriching activities, and experiences including research and instruction while growing nutritious, organic vegetables and produce.
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the KCC Community Farm and Garden (CFG). The logo may be used in all media – including online, print, social, on merchandise and other visual collateral. Following are the official contest rules:
- To be eligible, each entrant must be a currently registered full- or part-time student at KCC or a KCC alum.
- Each student or alum can submit one entry.
- All submissions must be the original work of the entrant(s) and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
- All entries will become the property of the KCC Community Farm and Garden (CFG). By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to Kingsborough Community College.
- Except where prohibited by law, an entry submission into this contest constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation.
- KCC reserves the right to modify the winning logo to better fit the needs of the Initiative.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee will be final.
- The selected winner MUST submit a scalable vector version of the winning design so that it is adaptable to digital and print media, to reproduction on small and large surfaces, and to use in color or in grayscale.
- Contestants are encouraged to consider KCC’s primary logo colors:
How to Enter
To enter the KCC Community Farm and Garden Logo Contest, eligible participants must:
- Complete the Official Entry Form below.
- Create a logo design in .jpeg, .psd or PDF formats (if you are chosen as a winner, you MUST be able to provide a high resolution vector file (e.g., in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or InDesign).
- Submit your completed Entry Form and upload your logo design by Friday, June 3, 2022.
A Selection Committee comprised of the KCC Community Farm and Garden staff will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria (though other criteria may be considered):
- Relevance – Does the entry align with the theme and goals of the KCC Community Farm and Garden?
- Originality – Does the composition exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?
- Aesthetic Quality – Does the submission command attention? Does it display visual balance and color coordination? Do all the elements work together to create a unified and appealing design?
The winner will be announced and featured on the KCC website. The Selection Committee reserves the right not to select a winner, if in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
Please email CFG.KCC@kbcc.cuny.edu with any questions about the logo contest.