Distance Learning Resources for Students
Last updated June 12, 2020 4:00 pm
- What is Distance Learning?
- Student Guide for Distance Learning
- Watch Blackboard for Students Workshop
- Accessing Blackboard & Updating Your Email (pdf)
- Blackboard App for Students (pdf)
- Using the Blackboard App (video)
- Accessing Blackboard Collaborate (video)
- Blackboard How-To Videos for Students
- KCC Blackboard Technical Support
- CUNYfirst - Activate My Account (pdf)
- CUNYfirst - Forgot My Password (pdf)
- Reset INSIDE Account (pdf)
- Request a Computer Device
- Technology on Loan from CUNY
- Accessing Adobe Creative Cloud
Help Desk Schedule:
|Student Helpdesk (Remote)
OFFICE OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
March 30, 2020
Dear Kingsborough Students,
As Chancellor Matos Rodríguez described in his March 25, 2020 Coronavirus Update, CUNY is finalizing the plan to distribute tablets and computers to campuses. Kingsborough has received our allotment and we are ready to distribute these devices to students who still need them. Please follow the detailed instructions below:
TO REQUEST A COMPUTER DEVICE
- Log into your INSIDE KCC Student Laptop RSVP
- You will select a day and time for pickup
- Once submitted you will received a confirmation email to your KCC email with instructions
- If you have already received a KCC laptop or tablet loaner, you are NOT ELIGIBLE to receive another device
- It is important to KEEP YOUR APPOINTMENT day/time, we cannot guarantee a device if an appointment is missed
INSTUCTIONS TO PICK UP COMPUTER DEVICE FROM KINGSBOROUGH
- Please bring the following
- Kingsborough ID or State ID
- Confirmation email with designated date/time (printed or screen shot on your phone)
- Upon reaching campus, check in with Public Safety to inform of laptop pick-up
- You will be directed to the “V” Building 2nd Floor to the room indicated on your confirmation
- Paperwork will be filled out to acknowledge receipt of device and instructions for the device will be provided
An example of the confirmation is below.
Student full name:
Date, time and location selected:
Date: 4/1/2020 Time: 9:00 am Room: V-202
As always, continue to check our KINGSBOROUGH DISTANCE-LEARNING page for updates and resources.
CUNY has also provided resources for CUNY CONTINUITY FOR STUDENTS .
We also recognize there may be financial hardship during this time of transition, please visit our SCHOLARSHIP PAGE to review the Petrie Foundation Student Emergency Grant Fund.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at email@example.com so I can best assist you.
Dr. Brian R. Mitra
Dean of Student Affairs