What is CRSP?
The CUNY Research Scholars Program (CRSP) aims to increase the participation of CUNY community college students in faculty-mentored research in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math. CRSP participants must be full-time Kingsborough students. CRSP is a rigorous program where students will receive stipends totaling up to $4,000, contingent on funding, and course credits on their transcripts through enrollment in research courses CRSP over the course of one academic year, including summer. Students are required to give oral presentations, poster presentations, attend career development seminars and produce a publication-quality research poster or PowerPoint presentation. The program culminates in a CUNY wide presentation at the CRSP Symposium in August.
- Stipend for student researchers
- Faculty mentored research
- Opportunity to present research projects
- Career development seminars
- Producing a publication-quality research poster
- Full time student at Kingsborough Community College. Student credit load may not exceed 18 credits per semester.
- An instructional staff member must agree to be your mentor and willing to commit and complete at least 400 hours of research related activity with your mentor.
- Completion of program application & required forms.
- Complete online Research Ethics course.
- Attend all CRSP monthly group meetings, workshops and presentations.
- You must attend online orientation on Friday September 25, 2020.
Apply to CRSP
The CUNY Research Scholars Program at KCC enrolls twenty-seven (27) students in this year’s cohort. CRSP accepts applications once a year in the fall semester.
Apply Now: The 2020-2021 CRSP application is now open.
The deadline for this application is: ROLLING.
COVID-19 Effects on Lab Spaces
At the moment students are not allowed inside lab spaces. All research will be conducted remotely.
* Please contact your mentor for a plan of what research would look like under these circumstances