NYC DIGITAL INTERNSHIP INITIATIVE
• Upskilling courses addressing digital skills
• Putting skills into practice by working collaboratively on a project developing plug-ins for a community resources site
• Externship where interns will meet leaders in the NY Tech Industry
Students or recent alumni do not need any specific qualifications, but should be interested in the following career paths:
• Software Development
• Data Analytics
• Digital Marketing
• Product Management
• Technical Customer Support
• Contact Tracing
The Program begins July 15th and runs through August 26th.
WOMEN'S PUBLIC SERVICE
The City University of New York offers a fall internship opportunity in New York City for selected students. The CUNY Women’s Public Service Internship Program will provide highly qualified individuals the opportunity to learn by doing in the offices of selected legislators working to benefit women and promote women’s issues in New York. The focus of internship assignments varies. Community affairs, research, and policy formulation in areas of most concern to women is central. CUNY will provide $2,000 to each eligible student. The Program is coordinated by the Edward T. Rogowsky Internship Program in Government & Public Affairs and designated officers at each CUNY college.
Students serve up to 15 hours per week
Applicants must have completed at least 30 credits by the time they apply, must carry a 3.0 GPA, and must submit 2 confidential faculty recommendations.
Students must register for an internship course.
Students also attend 3 monthly meetings at CUNY TV and participate in the annual CUNY Women’s Leadership Conference during the fall semester.
All majors may apply!
DEADLINE: July 15, 2020
JPMORGAN CHASE VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE
JPMorgan Chase (JPMC) has partnered with Inside Sherpa to launch a FREE virtual internship experience. Throughout the virtual experience, you'll familiarize yourself with JPMorgan Chase frameworks and apply your technical skills to a hypothetical request from the firm’s trading floor to analyze and visualize data in a new way. This program is geared for underclassmen interested in learning more about careers at JPMC.
Key benefits for students include:
• No applications, self-paced and can participate from anywhere in the world
• Certificate of completion from JPMorgan Chase awarded to those that complete the program recognizing the tech skills demonstrated
• Should you apply for the firm's Summer Software Engineer internship, you'll have your application prioritized for review and follow up
NASA GISS FALL 2020 INTERNSHIPS
Dates: August 24-December 11
- S. Citizen
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Full-time students (undergraduate or graduate) - must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program at an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 16 years of age at the time of application (no exceptions)
- Undergraduate $11,680
- Graduate $14,400
Project #1: ADVANCING CLOUD-MASKING CAPABILITIES FOR SATELLITE IMAGERY OVER SNOW – Virtual
Preferred Skills: While not absolutely required, proficiency in Python coding, basic knowledge of HDF-type of files and some experience with data analysis are preferred.
Project #2: RESEARCH SCANNING POLARIMETER MONITORING AND DATA MANAGEMENT– Virtual
Interested students must apply on the NASA Internships website (https://intern.nasa.gov/). To find the projects, under EXPLORE NASA INTERNSHIPS, click on “Opportunities / Projects”, select Session – Fall 2020 and select Center – Goddard Institute for Space Studies.
GAIN EXPERIENCE - DO A MICRO INTERNSHIP!
As you consider your options for the summer, think about completing a short-term Micro-Internship project. While certainly no replacement for a full-time job or internship, these paid opportunities can be a good way to keep your skills sharp and gain experience to leverage for a future opportunity.
Create an account with Parker Dewey (http://info.parkerdewey.com/kbcc).
FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING ANY OF THE INTERNSHIPS ABOVE, CONTACT THE CENTER FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT.