Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals: Response to January 2018 Court Action
- If you previously received DACA and your DACA expired on or after Sept. 5, 2016, you
may still file your DACA request as a renewal request.
- USCIS is not accepting requests from individuals who have never before been granted
deferred action under DACA.
- USCIS still will NO longer approve ADVANCE PAROLE requests associated with DACA.
The New Americans Center (NAC) provides free immigration legal services to Kingsborough Community College and the surrounding Brooklyn communities.
The Center has an on-site attorney, paralegal and legal assistants with training and expertise in immigration law. The staff provides legal information and guidance and assists with the filing of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival, Citizenship, and Change of Status applications. Individual legal consultations can be scheduled to determine eligibility for immigration benefits and to provide guidance and referrals for more complex immigration matters.
The Center offers the following legal services:
- Legal Screening of Eligibility for Immigration Benefits
- Citizenship Applications and Fee Waivers Where Eligible
- Adjustment of Status, Change of Status and Green
- Card Renewals Temporary Protected Status Renewals (TPS)
- Family Petitions
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA)*
The Senator José Peralta New York State DREAM Act gives undocumented and other students access to New York State grants and scholarships.
If you attended or graduated from an NYS high school, attended an approved NYS high school equivalency program, or received an NYS equivalency diploma, you may be eligible for financial assistance via the José Peralta New York State DREAM Act.
The DREAM Act provides access to the Excelsior Scholarship, the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) and other state‐administered grants and scholarships. To apply and review the eligibility requirements, please visit https://www.hesc.ny.gov/dream/
College Guide Series for Undocumented Students
New Americans Center
9AM to 5PM
9AM to 7PM
Associate Director of the New Americans Center
Erick Myssura, Esq
|Latest Immigration News|