Culinary Arts Program
Taste Success in Only Two Years
A.A.S. Degree in Culinary Arts
A 60 credit (two-year) college degree
Choose from two concentrations: Baking & Pastry or Culinary Arts
Certificate in Culinary Arts
A one-year certificate
BOTH PROGRAMS FEATURE:
• College credit transferable within and beyond CUNY
• Real-world internships in professional kitchens
• Special courses and lectures with guest chefs
• Hands-on experiences in our on-campus learning restaurant
• The benefits of studying at a major university: career services, student services, clubs, cultural events, athletic teams, and more.
I want to learn more about becoming a student at
Kingsborough Community College.
Click to receive the link to
KCC’s Interactive Viewbook
About the Program:
Gain Hands-On Experience
With four learning kitchens on campus, you’ll not only learn about theories and principles but will get hands-on culinary experience.
Train with Top Chefs
Our faculty consists of highly-qualified chef-instructors — with advanced degrees in their fields and dozens of years in the culinary industry —who will share their knowledge and expertise with you.
A Myriad of Techniques
You’ll develop such kitchen skills as moist and dry heat cooking methods; knife skills; advanced pastries; charcuterie; production and buffet cookery — while preparing (and tasting) recipes from around the world. You’ll also learn the basics of nutrition, sanitation, wine, and dining room operations.
Increase Your Value in the Workplace
You will also be eligible for industry certifications from:
• The National Restaurant Association (ServSafe, ServSafe Alcohol, ManageFirst)
• American Culinary Federation (Certified Culinarian)
• New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (Certified Food Handler)
Transfer & Internship Opportunities
Our curriculum prepares you to enter the workforce as a trained professional and/or continue your education by transferring to a senior college. Many of our students are able to bypass entry-level positions in a kitchen, moving more quickly.