Dear My Turn Students,
We hope everyone is enjoying the final weeks of summer, relaxing and staying safe. We are looking forward to the new semester and to meeting the challenges of an all virtual and/or hybrid learning instructional model at Kingsborough.
For My Turn students returning to Kingsborough, we are glad to have you back as you continue your journey. For new My Turn students who are joining our community, we welcome and encourage you to make the most of your time.
Changes to the My Turn Program
- As of Fall 2020, new My Turn students will only be allowed to audit courses and not receive any credits. If new students are interested in matriculating, they will be able to apply for financial aid but will no longer be a part of the My Turn Program.
- Current matriculated My Turn students will be part of select cohort of matriculated
students who will continue to have your tuition and fees waived and receive credits
for the courses you are enrolled in through 2024.
- Starting 2024, all My Turn students will only be allowed to audit KCC courses and not receive any credits.
Tips for a successful semester
Here are some tips to make the most of your time at Kingsborough.
- If taking online classes, make sure to have a reliable internet connection.
- Get familiar with Blackboard, log into Blackboard daily to remain up to date with assignments.
- Print out Kingsborough’s Academic Calendar, be aware of important dates.
- Take notes and stay organized.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Don't procrastinate!
- Build relationships with your professors and peers.
- Be Confident.
- Claim your KCC email and check email daily.
Please continue to take good care of yourselves and each other.
With best wishes,
My Turn Program