My Turn Program Newsletter
Dear My Turn Students,
Welcome to the summer 2022 module at Kingsborough Community College!
Kingsborough Community College continues to maintain the highest level of public health and safety and is taking every precaution to protect our students and our broader communities. At the same time, Kingsborough is committed to keeping you on track in your learning journey.
Summer classes begin on Wednesday, June 22, 2022. Kingsborough’s summer classes will be in-person, online, and hybrid.
Students interested in taking classes in-person and hybrid must be fully vaccinated. Students must also upload their vaccination status in CUNYfirst before the first day of classes.
Please be advised that ALL Kingsborough employees and students (including My Turners) are subject to random COVID-19 testing. This protocol remains in place to continue to ensure your safety as well as the safety of all members of our college community. Please read the information below regarding random testing.
KCC COVID Testing Site / Location: U Bldg, Room 113 (opposite the main cafeteria).
Monday 8 am-12 noon
Tuesday 8 am-12 noon
Wednesday 8 am - 12 noon
Thursday 1 pm-7 pm
Changes to the My Turn Program
- As of fall 2020, new My Turn students will only be allowed to audit courses and not receive any credits. If new students are interested in matriculating, they will be able to apply for financial aid but will no longer be a part of the My Turn Program.
- Current matriculated My Turn students will be part of a select cohort of matriculated students who will continue to have your tuition and fees waived and receive credits for the courses you are enrolled in through 2024.
- Starting 2024, all My Turn students will only be allowed to audit KCC courses and not receive any credits.
Tips for a successful semester: Here are some tips to make the most of your time at Kingsborough.
- If taking online classes, make sure to have a reliable internet connection.
- Get familiar with Blackboard, log into Blackboard daily to remain up to date with assignments.
- Print out the Kingsborough Academic Calendar, be aware of important dates.
- Take notes and stay organized.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions.
- Don't procrastinate!
- Build relationships with your professors and peers.
- Be Confident.
- Claim your KCC email and check your email daily.
As always continue to take care of yourself and each other,
CUNY KCC - My Turn Program