MY TURN OFFICE ROOM F219
OFFICE PHONE: 718 368-5079
MY TURN Winter REGISTRATION 2024
Classes begin Jan 2 – Feb 23th 2024
Planning to attend the MY TURN program? Starting, November 14th through December 14th, appointments will be available to assist with paperwork for admission and course selections. Call the MY TURN office during office hours Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays 10:00am – 2:00pm. MY TURN office: 718 368- 5079.
MY TURN office: 718 368- 5079.
|Deadline by Thursday,
December 14th 2023 at 12:00pm
|My Turn Student applications for both new and readmit students is now the same application. This application is
*As soon as you submit the online My Turn application, please notify the My Turn office that you have completed the online application. You will need to submit the documentation to activate
|Deadline by Friday,
December 15th, 2023 at 12:00pm
|*In order to activate your My Turn application.
Additional documentation is needed:
MY TURN office needs to have these documents to activate your application.
Proof of age, proof of residency, signed meningitis form.
Email: MyTurn@kbcc.cuny.edu cc: Susan.Lavin@kbcc.cuny.edu
or Bring to the MY TURN office Room F219 by deadline.
|Deadline by Friday
December 15th 2023 At 12:00pm
|Student Course registration to audit classes - Please complete course request form and submit to the My Turn office before deadline.
|On or before
January 2, 2024
Students will be notified to confirm their course enrollment through their CUNYfirst Account. Important: Please watch on your emails during the period of 12/18/23- 1/2/24 you will be alerted if a problem arises with class request and registration.
Winter CLASS FORMAT: The Winter module’s mode of instruction will include online, in-person, and hybrid (hybrid combines traditional, face-to-face “seat time” with some online learning activities) courses.
Requirement for in-person/hybrid courses:
Students interested in taking in-person/hybrid courses are required to be fully vaccinated.
New and Current Student Announcement:
As of fall 2020, new and current My Turn students will only be allowed to audit courses and not receive any credits. If My Turn students are interested in matriculating, they will be able to apply for financial aid but will no longer be a part of the My Turn Program. Current matriculated My Turn students will be part of a select cohort of matriculated students who will continue to have their tuition and fees waived and receive credits for the courses you are enrolled in through 2024.
Current Student Announcement:
Please contact the My Turn Office if you have not updated proof of residency or are unsure if you need to update this information (need to be updated annually).
FIVE STEPS FOR ENROLLMENT
STEP 1: How to Enroll in The My Turn Program:
New & readmission applicants will be using the same on-line application
- Notify the My Turn office that you are planning to apply or have recently applied.
- Student emplid # will be assigned when the enrollment process is completed. The emplid # is used for registering for classes. The empl id number can be found on your KCC student ID card.
Students who have not taken classes as of Winter 2023, will need to apply ONLINE as a new applicant. MY TURN Online Application is due no later than Deadline by Thursday, December 14th 2023 by 12:00pm
How to Complete MY TURN Student Application ONLINE:
- Please visit KCC MY TURN website to submit a MY Turn application: https://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/myturn/kccmt.html
- Click “MY TURN APPLICATION” at the top of the page.
- After all sections of the MY Turn admission application have been completed, click “Submit Form.”
- Please inform the My Turn Office when the online application has been submitted. Contact the MY Turn office and schedule an appointment if assistance is needed with the online application 718-368-5079.
STEP 2: AS SOON AS YOU COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION, SEND THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO ACTIVATE YOUR APPLICATION:
- Provide Contact information: Full name, phone number, email address and date of application submission.
- Proof of residency: Copy of a recent utility bill, or car registration.
- Proof of age: Birth Certificate, or Medicaid or Medicare Card, or Valid NY State driver’s license or non-driver’s license or passport
- Brand New Students only: signed Meningitis form. (Please print out the meningitis form located in the My Turn application page “forms”. A doctor visit is not required, signature required as acknowledgement
- Meningitis vaccination acknowledgement form signed and returned to the MY Turn office
SEND REQUIRED MY TURN DOCUMENTS TO:
(Subject line: MYTURN APPLICATION DOCUMENTS)
Option 2: Fax 718-368-4766 (Please fax documents with your contact information).
Option 3: Bring copies of the required documents to the My Turn office, Room F219.
Call: 718 368 5079 to schedule an appointment, before coming to campus.
STEP 3: How to register to audit classes:
Complete the course request form in packet. We have volunteers available by appointment to assist you in finding a class and to help fill out the course request form. Call the office to schedule an appointment
Call during office hours: TUES WED THURS 10am – 2:00pm Office # 718- 368-5079
SUBMIT YOUR COURSE REQUEST
STARTING TUESDAY NOVEMBER 14TH through
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15TH BY 12:00PM DEADLINE
• Call office to schedule an appt w/ volunteer assistance 718 – 368- 5079
• Call Self Help IT: 718 368- 6551
Please keep in mind the traditional students are a priority. Traditional students register first, after which the MY Turn students register for classes that have available seats.
My Turn Students auditing a class cannot take the following courses:
• Math, Computer Science (Math), English 1200, English 2400, Culinary Arts, Nursing
Note: Classes with prerequisites & repeating a class will need department approval.
*Please request a first course choice and a second choice if course is not available.
My Turn students enrolled in program can register up to TWO classes,
by submitting the course request form by the 3 options listed below:
SUBMIT COURSE REQUEST
- Option 1: E-mail your completed course request form no later than Friday, December, 15th by 12:00pm
The office will submit your course request for you. Send the completed PDF version course request form NO PHOTOS. Email to: Myturn@kbcc.cuny.edu and cc: Susan.email@example.com (Subject line: FALL Course selection)
- Option 2: Fax # 718-368-4766 The completed course request form to no later than Friday, December 15th by 12:00pm The office will submit your course request for you.
- Option 3: Drop off the completed course request form to the MY TURN OFFICE ROOM F 219.
No later than Friday, December 15th by 12:00pm Office will be open 12/15/23 10am-12:00pm
We will attempt to register you in the courses you have listed on your course request form, and will contact you whether if there is problem with your request and if you have been registered in the class via email. Keep watch on your emails 12/18/23 – 1/02/24.
• *CONFIRMATION OF CLASS ASSIGNMENT REGISTRATION DETAILS
• will be sent to your CUNYfirst account 12/27/23 - 1/02/24
STEP 4: You have Submitted MY TURN application, paperwork and course request.
Here is What’s Next
- Activate CUNYfirst account Self Help desk 718 368- 6551
CUNYfirst – Go to CUNYfirst to retrieve emplid #, this is needed to register for classes, view courses you have taken, classroom locations, and view your grades if you are a matriculating student.
Need more help? Self Help desk 718 368- 6551
Blackboard – Website is to view classwork & homework, presentations, announcements from Professor. Go to the CUNYfirst Portal Website cuny.edu Need more help? Self Help desk 718 368- 6551
- Students must have the meningitis vaccination acknowledgement form signed and returned to the MY Turn office.
NOTE: You will be dropped from your class automatically if the student meningitis vaccination response form is not submitted to the MY TURN Office.
STEP 5: Officially enrolled in a class for WINTER TERM 2024
Here is WHATS’ NEXT
Please allow 24-48 hours for registration to process before completing the following steps:
- Student ID Cards: All students are required to have a school ID card. My Turners can proceed to the security office, L202 to have their picture taken for an ID card.
- Registration Fee: The $80 non-refundable registration fee is to be paid at the Bursar’s office, Room A-205. Payments accepted: cash, check, and/or money order at the Bursar window.
• To pay by mail: Mail check and/or money order to: Kingsborough Community College, Attention: Bursar’s Office, A-205, 2001 Oriental Boulevard, Brooklyn, NY 11235.
NOTE: The MY TURN OFFICE DOES NOT ACCEPT CHECKS OR CASH:
- Purchasing Parking Permit: Parking permits can be purchased at the Bursar’s Office, A-205. Students must present
a Kingsborough student I.D. card at the time of purchase along with license plate