JOSEPH HINKLEY COMMUTER TO CAMPUS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Planning on attending a 4-year institution after Kingsborough?
Apply today for the: Joseph Hinkley Commuter to Campus Memorial Scholarship
Award Prize: $5,000*
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 and above.
- Have demonstrated financial need.
- Be a graduating student who plans to attend a 4-year institution outside of NYC.
- Meet CUNY guidelines and regulations as they pertain to receiving financial support.
- Submit a compelling essay (not to exceed two pages) on why it is important for you to leave New York City to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree and how you hope to make a difference in your community.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from an instructor or an academic advisor.
Please email your essay and letter of recommendation to Daniel.LaNoue@kbcc.cuny.edu no later than Tuesday, May 2nd, 5pm.
*Once the winner of this scholarship has graduated from KCC and enrolled at their four-year institution (outside of NYC), they will present their bursar bill to KCC’s Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA). At this time, OIA will review the recipient’s bill and determine whether the scholarship funds should be disbursed to the four-year institution to cover the remaining need, or if a portion or the full scholarship amount should be disbursed directly to the student.