Your Legacy = Kingsborough's Future
Are you thinking about a way to do more for Kingsborough with the resources you have available? Creating a lasting legacy at Kingsborough through a planned gift is easier than you might think.
What is Planned Giving?
"Planned giving" generally means planning for a gift to be made in the future, usually through the donor’s estate plan. Planned giving provides you the opportunity to make a significant contribution to support Kingsborough Community College while still meeting your personal estate and tax planning goals. By including Kingsborough in your estate plans, regardless of your income level or age, you can make a difference for future generations of Kingsborough students and faculty.
Planned giving offers many potential benefits:
- Generate a high and secure income for life
- Earn higher income while avoiding capital gains taxes
- Provide an income stream to family and loved ones
- Increase your retirement income
- Pass more of your wealth and assets to your family and loved ones
- Realize a substantial current-year income tax charitable deduction
- Reduce or eliminate your estate tax burden
- Leave a charitable legacy for future generations
And much more…
Why should I make a planned gift to Kingsborough?
A planned gift can extend your support far into the future. Your legacy gift can ensure that Kingsborough has the means and resources to continue its track record of innovation and excellence for generations to come.
How do I make a planned gift to Kingsborough?
It is advisable to talk to your personal financial advisor before making any decisions about your finances. But here are some examples:
- You can make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime.
- You can allocate a gift to Kingsborough from your annual IRA distributions.
- You can get a periodic payment (Charitable Gift Annuity) in return for your gift.
For information about designating a gift to Kingsborough Community College. Have you already included Kingsborough in your estate plans? If you have previously provided for the college in your will or trust, we would like to know of your generosity.
Daniel La Noue
Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving