Application Development Services is responsible for developing computer applications
that are essential to all administrative and academic departments and student services.
We are committed to serve and support the needs of the Kingsborough's user community
in the following areas - mainframe, PC and Web development.
- Program analysis, application design, application development, legacy system maintenance
and support are some of our functions.
- Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming
methods in use of new technologies.
- Provide user access and support to CUNYfirst, Degreeworks, Shadow systems.
- Implement, maintain and support Degree Works applications like Transfer Articulation
- Implement, maintain and support web-based applications. The following Web-based applications
have been developed by the application development staff:
- Student Admission Management System (SAM)
- Teacher Evaluation System
- Next English System
- Implement, maintain and support PC applications. Admissions Office, Human Resources,
Health Services and Tutorial Services are some of the departments that PC-based applications
were developed for.
Our mission is to provide the highest level of programming services and support for
the administration, faculty, staff and students. We want to make college services
easily and widely accessible using the latest technology in the most efficient manner.