President’s Weekly Messages
It's Super Goal Sunday!!!
Sunday, February 13, 2022
It’s Super Bowl Sunday! Who are you rooting for? The Cincinnati Bengals or the Los Angeles Rams? I guess it doesn’t matter who you are rooting for because this will be an incredible game that should also inspire you for several reasons.
- This game between the Bengals and Rams will mark the first time these teams have met
in a championship.(It took 56 years for them to meet for the first time; and it often takes 2 years
or less for many of you to be the first in your family to earn a college degree).
- This is also the Bengals' first Super Bowl appearance since 1988. Thirty-four years
ago, they lost to the San Francisco 49ers. The Rams have had their share of challenges
too. In 2018, the last time they played in the Super Bowl, they earned the distinction
of having the lowest final score ever made in a Super Bowl game! (Setbacks often prepare you for a comeback)
- Before this season, the Bengals had not won a playoff game since 1990. This is considered
the longest drought in the four major North American sports. (I am sure many people wrote the team off, but they defied the odds. You can overcome
any challenges you might experience. With all the support that KCC offers, the odds
of success are in your favor).
- In the two Super Bowls the Bengals did play in, they faced off against the San Francisco
49ers both times. They lost both times by one score. (Sometimes you are so close to reaching your goal, but something knocks you off course.
Get back up and keep going, another chance is around the corner)
- This matchup between the Bengals and the Rams will mark first time in Super Bowl history
that both teams entered the playoffs as No. 4 seeds. (They both have different histories as football teams, but their goal to win the ultimate
prize- the Super Bowl is the same! The Kingsborough student body is diverse. You
all have different backgrounds and experiences, but your mission to earn a college
degree is one of the many things you have in common.)
- Lastly, this year Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige, and Kendrick Lamar will perform at the half time show. (Everyone needs a break, especially the teams playing in the Super Bowl. As important as earning your college degree is, make time to connect with friends, have fun, relax, rest, and rejuvenate).
KCC students, I hope you are rejuvenated, because it is time to SPRING into a new semester at Kingsborough and get closer to your goals!
- If you haven’t already done so, register for classes to secure your seats.
- If you have an outstanding balance, you can make payment arrangementswith the Bursar’s Office.
- If you plan on taking classes on campus, you are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Ifyou have not already done so, upload your VAX info to CUNYFirst so you are not dropped from your classes on February 23rd.
And if you need help, or you just want to reach out and let me know how you are doing, email me at President@kbcc.cuny.edu.
It’s Super Bowl Sunday, but every day of the week, I am rooting for my favorite team: The Students of Kingsborough Community College!
- President Schrader