You, the student, must partner with the Financial Aid Office to ensure that you get
the financial help you need to attend college. In order for the Financial Aid Office
to do its part, you have to do your part.
You Have The Responsibility To:
- Keep all your contact information (postal address, email, and telephone) up to date
in your CUNYfirst account.
- Check your KCC e-mail regularly for messages about your financial aid.
- Complete your applications accurately and provide correct information at all times.
Reporting false information is a violation of the law and may be considered a criminal
- Be aware of and meet all application deadlines. You must complete your applications
early enough so that processing may be completed by the stated deadline.
- Submit any additional information or documents required by the Financial Aid Office
before the stated deadline.
- Keep your parents informed of all financial aid requirements and deadlines if you
are a dependent student.
- Read and understand all forms you are asked to sign and keep a copy of each. If you
don't understand, ask a financial aid representative.
- Notify the Financial Aid Office if the information reported on your financial aid
application has changed.
- Notify the Financial Aid Office if at any time during the year you receive any type
of financial assistance that is not listed on your award notice.
- Notify the Financial Aid Office if you are receiving financial aid for attendance
at another institution while attending KCC.
- Know and comply with all terms, conditions, and policies associated with the awards
- Begin attendance in your classes. Financial aid is awarded with the expectation that
you will attend school for the entire period for which your aid was intended.
- Continue to make satisfactory academic progress in your program of study according
to college and CUNY standards.
You Have the Right To:
- Know what financial aid programs are available, including information on all federal,
state and KCC financial aid programs. Learn more.
- Know the application procedures and deadlines for each of the available financial
aid programs. Learn more about how to apply. Learn more about when to apply.
- Know how your financial aid eligibility is determined. Learn more.
- Know how financial aid is awarded and the basis for these decisions. Learn more
- Know how and when financial aid is disbursed. Learn more.
- Know how KCC determines whether or not you are making satisfactory academic progress,
and what happens if you are not. Learn more.
- Ask a financial aid counselor to review your financial situation if something has
changed in your family circumstances such as loss of a job or other drastic changes.
- Confidentiality of your personal information. All records and information submitted
with your application for financial aid are confidential and subject to legal requirements
concerning disclosure of such information. Learn more.
- Know about the college's tuition refund policies if you have to withdraw from school
after the semester begins. Learn more.
- Know what effect withdrawals will have on your eligibility for financial aid payments.
You have additional rights & responsibilities if you receive a Federal Direct Loan or Federal Work-Study.