Freshmen Applicants (Degree Status)
Please be sure that this is the CORRECT APPLICATION for you. Since Graduating from high school or receiving a GED Diploma, have you attended a college, university, or post secondary institution?
If yes, you are required to complete a transfer application; if no, complete a freshman application.
Please use the following checklist to assist you in completing the freshman application process (preliminary documents):
- A completed and signed City University of New York (CUNY) Application.
- A $65.00 personal check or money order or credit card (if applying via web) payable to the University Application Processing Center (U.A.P.C.); Please no cash .
- Proof of Immunization for Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR’s) if you are born on or after January 1, 1957 MMR's (including a Meningococcal Meningitis response form) must be completed and signed before selecting classes. Please call the Office of Health Services at 718-368-5684 for the free immunization clinic schedule or further clarification of immunization requirements.
- High School graduates and G.E.D. recipients request an official transcript from your high school and have it mailed to the U.A.P.C.
- When submitting applications to the U.A.P.C please send photocopies of original documents. Please have required official high school transcripts mailed directly to U.A.P.C.
- When submitting applications in person at K.C.C. Room V100 please bring all original documents (copies will be made for you). Please have the required official high school transcript mailed to the Office of Admissions at K.C.C. (Room A112).
If you were educated (high school or college) abroad file on-line (Please click)
All first time students are required to take the CUNY/Placement Test after submission of the College admission application and acceptance to the College. A test date will be mailed or issued to you. If necessary please call the Office of Testing at 718-368-4975 or visit their site on the web for test waiver details and/or general information.
Please call 718-368-4600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org further information.