Client and Networking Service - Password Policy
Users will be required to change their passwords every 60 days. In terms of password administration, the following list provides requirements for establishing and maintaining passwords for Windows Domain passwords:
Passwords shall be a minimum of 7 characters in length.
1. Alphabetical letters (a-z, or A-Z)
2. Digits (0-9)
3. Special characters (excluding @ and #)
Examples: Pzisg&21 or alv10$m
1. Passwords shall be memorized. Passwords are not to be written down or stored by other means.
2. Passwords shall not be shared with anyone for any reason. Please see the Overview of Kingsborough Community College Computer Policies.
3. Users need to change their password prior to the expiration date or they will be required to change their password at first logon after expiration.
4. Password reuse - You may not reuse the any of your last Twelve (24) passwords.
5. Notifications reminders will be sent to users 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 days before their
6. If you have any questions regarding changing your Windows domain password, please call The Help Desk at extension 6679 or if off campus (718)-368-6679