This component has been implemented to assure that the Office of Freshman Services meets its goal of being a Student-Centered Program. Activities include the following:
- The collection of data on students as they enroll at Kingsborough Community College, and the maintenance of student data files.
- General tracking of student flow into Freshman Services Office.
- Tracking of designated cohorts within the Pre-Freshman Year and Freshman Year Programs.
- Survey design, data collection, data analyses, and reporting.
- The Program evaluation component also overseas the evaluation of orientation and the Freshman Services Advisor/student contact.
Here is what some students say about the New Student Orientation:
"I am very happy with the Orientation because I found lots of new friends."
"The counselors were very helpful."
"The counselors and the StrengthsQuest inventory gave me a better understanding of myself."
|Here is what a few students said about the SD-10 course|
“The SD class definitely helped in making the transition from high school to college easier”.
“This course is great, I advise all incoming freshman to take it”.
“SD-10 was a fun experience. I would like to take it again”.
“This class has made me gain a better knowledge of my school goals and how to achieve them”.
More feelings about the programs Freshman Services offers….
In regard to advisement, 81.9% of students surveyed strongly agreed that their advisor was caring and courteous, 93% either strongly agreed or agreed that their advisor was knowledgeable of academic policies and procedures, and 92% either strongly agreed or agreed that they would recommend the Freshman Services offices to future students.
In regard to New Student Orientation, 88.2% of students surveyed either strongly agreed or agreed that they were more enthusiastic about attending KCC as a result of the orientation and 91% of students either strongly agreed or agreed that they knew more about the services and facilities at KCC after attending the orientation.