Project Rise is a GED® preparation program that is enhanced with comprehensive college and career readiness. This year-long program offers up to 12 months of full time GED® classes (Monday through Thursday from 9am-2pm), 18 weeks of paid internship, job readiness training, credit bearing academic courses, employment placement assistance, and individualized support. Participants receive supportive and guidance for a 12 twelve months. Other benefits include:
- Entrepreneurship training
- Virtual Enterprise classes
- Urban Farming experience
- Preparation to earn industry recognized certificates
- College and career counseling
- Supportive services
- Full KCC student privileges including library, gym and beach access, and so much more!
For news and updates about Project Rise, visit CEWD's blog: http://cewdkbcc.com/category/project-rise/
Mission Statement and Core Values:
Project Rise is a Center for Economic and Workforce Development initiative at Kingsborough. We provide educational, internship and employment services to young adults. The program prepares participants for the GED® exam, supports the development of work readiness skills and provides opportunities for participants to acquire gainful employment.
- We commit to creating an environment where students feel supported while they work towards their individual career and education goals, and are empowered to follow the life path they choose.
- We will encourage participants to advocate for themselves because we recognize that each student is an individual, that all students are creative, and that all students need to succeed.
- We endeavor to respect the individuals' needs and provide support for the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of each participant.
- We commit to providing participants with opportunities to prepare for the General Education Diploma Exam through regular instruction and practice.
- We aim to provide participants with linkage and referrals to acquire gainful employment through internship, work readiness, and job placement.
- We strive to infuse our program with opportunities to further participants’ education through college credit offerings and industry recognized certifications.
- Ultimately, we aspire to shape life-long learners who actively participate in their communities and with the world at large.
back to top