What is an Internship?
An internship is a short-term work experience that is intended to expose you to a career field of interest while offering you the ability to acquire professional experience. Internships can be structured in the following ways:
- Full or part-time
- Short or long-term
- Paid or unpaid
- For credit and not-for-credit
- Self-directed or mentor-led
Why do an Internship?
In addition to exploring careers and developing professionally, internships are an opportunity to "try-out" a career and network and develop contacts. Some mutual benefits:
- Allows a company that you are actively investigating to evaluate you
- Your internship may provide a "foot in the door"
According to NACE 53% of Employers converted Interns into Full - Time employees.
Want to be updated about internships? Click here to enter your information and receive updates.
Need Academic Credit for an Internship?
You may earn 2 elective credits registering for an internship course through the Career Development Office. Please visit C-102 to speak with the Internship Coordinator for more information.
Attend an Internship Orientation!
Spring 2016 Sessions:
- Monday, March 14th at 2pm - Room: A-212
- Wednesday, March 16th at 10:20am - Room: V-219
- Tuesday, March 22nd at 11:30am - Room: C-102
- Monday, March 28th at 12:40pm - Room: M-108
- Friday, April 1st at 10am - Room: M-108
- Thursday, April 7th at 3pm - Room: M-108
- Tuesday, April 12th at 10:20am - Room: M-108
- Wednesday, April 13th at 2pm - Room: M-108
Find out about:
*Current internship opportunities
*How to make your application stand out
*Your rights as an intern
Sign up in Room C-102 or call 718-368-5115