What is an Internship?
An internship is a short-term work experience that is intended to expose you to a career field of interest while offering you the ability to acquire professional experience. Internships can be structured in the following ways:
- Full or part-time
- Short or long-term
- Paid or unpaid
- For credit and not-for-credit
- Self-directed or mentor-led
Why do an Internship?
In addition to exploring careers and developing professionally, internships are an opportunity to "try-out" a career and network and develop contacts. Some mutual benefits:
- Allows a company that you are actively investigating to evaluate you
- Your internship may provide a "foot in the door"
According to NACE 53% of Employers converted Interns into Full - Time employees.
Want to be updated about internships? Click here to enter your information and receive updates.
Need Academic Credit for an Internship?
You may earn 2 elective credits registering for an internship course through the Career Development Office. Please visit M101 to speak with the Internship Coordinator for more information.
Attend an Internship Orientation!
- Monday, January 11th at 1pm - Room: V-202
- Thursday, January 14th at 10:30am - Room: M-108
- Tuesday, January 19th at 10:30am - Room: V-202
- Wednesday, January 20th at 1pm - Room: M-108
- Monday, January 25th at 12pm - Room: V-202
- Thursday, January 28th at 1pm - Room: M-108
Find out about:
*Current internship opportunities
*How to make your application stand out
*Your rights as an intern
Sign up in Room C-102 or call 718-368-5115