LINKING EMPLOYMENT ACADEMICS & DISABILITY SERVICES THE CUNY LEADS PROGRAM
CUNY LEADS is a program established to facilitate successful academic and career outcomes for students with disabilities who are enrolled in CUNY programs.
LEADS is available on all CUNY campuses. Each campus has a LEADS Counselor that collaborates with campus departments, agencies and businesses to provide career guidance and support to students.
This program is FREE for all eligible CUNY students.
· Any student with a documented disability enrolled in a CUNY program is eligible for participation in CUNY LEADS
*While it is preferred that the student is registered with Access-Ability Services, it is not required for participation in CUNY LEADS. However, the student must present documentation of disability to the LEADS Counselor. All documents & information will be kept confidential
· Academic Counseling and Goal Setting for Majors, Career Exploration, or Transition to a 4 year school
· Career Counseling & Life Planning, Exploration and Development
· Job Search Skills and Assistance including: Resume and Cover Letter Review and Editing, Mock Interviewing, Interview Follow Up, and Soft Skills Training
· Internship Exploration
· Referrals for Tutoring, Scholastic and Health Service Supports, Benefits & Entitlements
· Counseling regarding ADA/504 Modifications and Disclosure
· Self-Advocacy Skills
· Students must submit appropriate medical, educational or psychological documentation regarding their disability
· Students are responsible for completing the appropriate documentation to determine eligibility for the program as provided by the LEADS Counselor
· Students should be prepared to explore career goals
· Students must meet with the advisor on an ongoing basis.
Nicholas Giampetruzzi, LMHC, NCC
Office Hours: By Appointment
LEADS Office, Room D222
LEADS partners with the following KCC offices to promote student success:
Room D-205, 718-368-5175
Career Development, Transfer, New Start & Internship Opportunities
Room C-102, 718-368-5115
Counseling & Health Services
Room D-102, 718-368-5975
Room V231, 718-368-5411
TRiO Student Support Services
LEADS also partners with NYSED Office of ACCES-VR 55 Hanson Place, 2nd Floor Brooklyn, NY 11217 718-722-6700 www.acces.nysed.gov/vr/brooklyn/home