PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT PROGRAM APPLICATION
Department of Allied Health Mental Health and Human Services
Major: Physical Therapist Assistant (AAS)
Application Effective: Fall 2023
October 1, 2023 to November 30, 2023 @11:59pm
Application Checklist and Directions
Note: Students Applying to the Physical Therapist Assistant program must be KCC registered students or have an official school transcript evaluated by Registrar's office prior application to our program.
- Students must complete the prerequisite courses: ENG12, BIO11, MAT20or 2010 and PSY11 and have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 2.8 by the end of the Fall semester.
- Courses transferred from other Colleges to be applied toward program requirements must be submitted to KCC prior to the end of the application period.
- Applicants are required to write a 500–1000-word essay in response to the application question.
Essay question: What life experience moved you to choose to pursue to a career as a physical therapist assistant?
- Applicants are required to complete a minimum of 25 volunteer hours in a physical therapy department or clinic.
- Applicants are required to provide a letter of recommendation from a Physical Therapist or a Physical Therapist assistant.
- We strongly advise all applicants to meet with our PTA Program Advisor, Ms. Donna Brigando. firstname.lastname@example.org
You must email
- Letter verifying completion of Volunteer hours.(Minimum 25 Hours)
- Letter of Recommendation from a Physical Therapist or a Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Essay 500-1000 words.
- Email to: PTA_Program.KCC@kbcc.cuny.edu by November 30, 2023 @11:59pm