|Personal Counseling Services|
We offer free and confidential service sponsored by the Department of Student Development to all current Kingsborough Community College students. This service is specifically geared to helping students with personal and emotional issues that are interfering with achieving their academic goals.
Issues that are the focus of discussion with a personal counselor can include:
- Family Concerns
Credentialed counselors offer group and individual sessions in a supportive, safe, nonjudgmental environment.
What Can I expect from Counseling?
1. Talking about your problems in a safe and nonjudgmental atmosphere
2. Support from an objective, caring helper
3. Learning healthy strategies to help you effectively cope with your situation
4. Assistance with any of the following issues: depression, anxiety, stress, family concerns, relationship problems, grief, difficulties with academic achievement, feelings of inadequacy and more.
Services Offered ()
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Mental health screenings
- Theme-centered, psycho-educational workshops
- Academic Skills Workshops
- Referrals to off-campus community agencies.