Counselors are available to assist ESL students with questions or concerns they may have that pertain to academic, cultural, and personal adjustment to KCC and the USA. Since ESL students are often not only new to the college but also new to the country, we want these students to know that we are available to assist them with many issues related to this transitional period in their life.
- Supportive individual and group counseling
- ESL Class visits to provide information about counseling and ESL services, upcoming events, and campus resources
- ESL conversation groups to help ESL students to become more confident using their English language skills
- Support from ESL Peer Mentors
- Workshops designed to provide information and to enhance skills
- Incoming freshman students for the fall semester who decide to attend full-time may participate in an ESL Learning Community Program offered by the English Department. The ACE Learning Community has smaller class sizes and instructors and tutors that work with each other to help you succeed. Coursework includes an ESL course; a speech class; a general education class, like history, sociology, or health; a one-credit student success seminar; a one-credit ESL seminar; as well as tutoring.