- How many subjects am I allowed to receive tutoring in during the semester?
You can receive tutoring in up to 2 subjects per semester and a total of 4 hours per week (2 hours per subject).
- How is tutoring assigned?
Students are placed with a tutor based on the student’s availability and on a first come first serve basis.
- Is the tutoring offered individually or in a group setting?
Students are placed in a small group setting. Usually 3-4 students per group.
- Is there an attendance policy?
Yes. If a student is absent 2 consecutive times or 3 random times, the student will be dropped from tutoring. It is in the student’s best interest to call 718-368-5118 to provide a valid reason for their absence in advance.
- Who are the tutors?
For most subjects the tutor will be a current or former KBCC student who received a grade of an A in the course they are tutoring. However, in certain subjects the tutor will be a professor.
- What are the hours tutoring is available?
Fall & Spring Hours:
- Monday-Thursday from 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Friday from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Winter & Summer Hours:
- Monday-Thursday from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM