The information below provides a brief guide to assist you with the transfer process.
It is not a substitute for reading the directions in your applications! If you need
additional information or assistance, make an appointment to see a Transfer Advisor
in room M-101 or by calling 718-368-4911.
Transferring to City University (CUNY) Colleges
When To Apply:**
Fall Admission Deadline - February 1
Spring Admission Deadline - September 15
Applications received after the priority deadlines are processed on a space-available
- Complete and submit an online CUNY Transfer Application at http://www.cuny.edu Steps for Filing the Online Application
- Go to http://www.cuny.edu and click on Apply to CUNY
- Click on Undergraduate Admissions, then on Prepare and finally click on Transfer Students
to read all of the information regarding transfer
- After reading the information pertaining to Transfer Students, click on Apply. Log
in and enter your user name and password to log into your CUNY portal account. If
you are not registered for a portal account, you must register for one.
- Once you are in your CUNY Portal account click on Apply Online, (or under Admission,
Online Application) to gain access to the CUNY online transfer application.
- You will be asked to select between General Admission or Online Baccalaureate**. Most
students will select General Admission if you are looking to attend a CUNY senior
- Once you have access to the Transfer Admission Application please read the directions
carefully and complete the application in its entirety.
**For the Online Baccalaureate: Students can apply for either the BA in Communications and Culture or the BS in Business
program. For more information visit cuny.edu/online
- If you are currently enrolled at KCC, an electronic version of your official CUNY
transcript will be retrieved by CUNY/UAPC after the application is submitted. Please
make sure that you do not have any stops on your record (i.e. Bursar stop) that may
prevent this process.
- If you are currently attending KCC, be sure to complete the "Courses in Progress"
section on the application, to avoid paying the $70 application fee.
- If you are currently enrolled at KCC and you are prompted to pay the application fee
after you submit your application, please contact the Contact Center for Students
at email@example.com call 212-997-CUNY (2869) to resolve the issue.
- If you attended any non-CUNY college(s,) you must request an official copy of your
transcript(s)be sent directly to the address below. Note: If previous college(s) transcript(s)
were already sent in with your original application to KCC, you do not need to request
the transcript(s) from your former college(s).
University Application Processing Center
Brooklyn, NY 11235-9023
For additional information please read the CUNY Transfer Application Worksheet: http://web.cuny.edu/admissions/undergraduate/appcenter/appworksheets/ TransferWorksheet-2010.pdf
Transferring to Private or Out-of-State Colleges
When to apply:
Deadlines vary; contact each college directly for transfer and financial aid deadlines.
NOTE: You must request your KCC transcript and allow several weeks between the time you
request your Kingsborough transcript and the time it arrives to the colleges in which
you are applying.
- The application may be completed online for some colleges. Alternately, you can obtain
applications from the colleges' website or by calling the college and requesting that
one be mailed to you.
- Read the directions for completing the application carefully since some colleges require
other information, such as high school transcripts, recommendations, essays, or SAT
scores. Send the application and all supporting documents directly to the address(es)
indicated on the application(s).
- Contact any previous college(s) attended and request that official transcripts be
sent directly to each of the colleges you are applying to.