The Women's Center
The centers hours are:
The Center offers women a welcoming, supportive environment in which to explore educational, professional, and lifestyle issues. It is an ideal place to meet and network with other students who are also working towards a successful transition to college. The Center offers women and non-traditional students
What Is The Center For Women ?
The Center provides women a place to gather, socialize, network and examine the transitioning lifestyles that will allow them to develop to their fullest potential.
What activities does the Center support?
The Center co-sponsors (in association with departments, programs and clubs), lectures, workshops, seminars and peer support groups that include: sexual harassment, domestic violence, stress management, legal issues, assertiveness training and leadership skills, health & wellness, financial planning and budgeting, parenting, career counseling and mentoring. Support groups are formed in response to students' needs and schedules.
- Speakers and discussion groups on relevant topics of concern to women and non-traditional students
- Special programs, projects, seminars and workshops
- Lending library
- Open house for all students each semester
- Women's support groups
- Current events discussions, mid-life issues and single parenting
- Individual personal and life transition counseling
- Brochures and information relating to women's issues
- Information about women's study courses and women's issues
The Center offers and co-sponsors in association with departments, programs and clubs, lectures, workshops, seminars and support groups concerning the issues of women and non-traditional students.
- Sexual Harassment
- Domestic Violence
- Stress and Time Management
- Legal issues
- Assertiveness and Leadership Training
- Health and Wellness
- Referrals for Financial Planning
- Career-related issues
WE PROVIDE A SAFE AND INTIMATE ENVIROMENT FOR MOTHERS WHO ARE NURSING AND NEED A QUIET SETTING TO "PUMP" AND/OR STORE YOUR MILK!
MONDAY - THURSDAY - 9AM TO 5PM
FRIDAY - 9AM TO 4PM
The Center for Women offers support and services to those students who are encountering life transitions. Through our on-going services we encourage retention and academic success for women and non-traditional students by providing specialized support programs and referrals to community resources for identifiable populations including re-entry, low-income and special services. We help our students identify and foster an awareness of the possibilities for academic success and positive personal development.