14. Would you tell me when the tutor I worked with before is free? Unfortunately, it is the Center’s policy to not make a tutor’s schedule available because it can change at any time and without notice.
15. Would I be able to get the same tutor every time because he/she knows about my paper? We are unable to guarantee that. There may be instances when the tutor is on another assignment. As such, we encourage students to work with whomever is available. The tutors have the ability to work with a student’s paper at any stage of revision. The fear that the previous tutor already knows your work can be handled by the student describing any previous revision work and suggestions that have already been incorporated. Describing your own work to the tutor is an important aspect of the revision process and we encourage it.
16. How many times can I come in for help? Walk-in and express students are allowed
two (2) sessions per day. If you have an individual assignment, you are committing to attend your session once per week for the entire semester. Please note that students with individual appointments are allowed the two walk-in sessions per day in addition to their weekly commitment.
17. I have no paper to work on; can I still come in to practice my English? You might better benefit from one of the Center’s supplemental workshops to focus on grammar or pronunciation. If you are looking for a conversational group, the ESL Support Services is available in room D-102.
18. Do you help with non-academic writing? YES! We help with school and scholarship application essays, statements of purpose, cover letters, and other professional correspondence. If you need to review your resume, please visit KCC’s Career Development office in room C-102.
19. How can I make the most of CAWS?