Mental Health Field Internships
As a Mental Health and Human Services major, part of your degree coursework includes the fulfillment of 2 field internships, MH9801 and MH9802.
These fields are designed to give you direct experience in a variety of mental health care environments. When doing your field, you will be working in a real facility and with real people, much like you would as a mental health professional.
Field Internship Descriptions (under construction)
Our current placements include:
Schools for the developmentally disabled
Domestic Violence public education
Tenants rights and housing justice community based organization
Field Internship schedules:
Fields are available during all semesters and modules.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, field internships are online at various hours and days.
When in person, during the fall and spring 12-week semesters, most fields take place during these times:
- Tuesday, 9:00AM - 3:00PM
- Friday, 9:00AM - 3:00PM
- Saturday, 9:00AM - 3:00PM
- Tuesday & Thursday, 3:00PM - 6:00PM
When in person, during the winter and summer 6-week modules, most fields take place during these times:
- Tuesday & Wednesday, 9:00AM - 3:00PM
- Express (3 weeks): Mo/Tu/We/Th, 9:00AM - 3:00PM
To register for a field, you have to go through the Mental Health and Human Services office.
- Early in the semester BEFORE you want your field, email email@example.com with the following:
- Emplid ID
- What semester or module they are applying for
- We assign you to a field. We consider your preferences as best we can.
- We will contact you over email to tell you which field you can register for and give you the registration code.
- Register for the field using the code we give you.