DO YOU INTEND TO GRADUATE THIS SEMESTER?
The filing period for June 2016 degrees is now closed.
The filing period for August 2016 degrees will be June 27, 2016 through July 11, 2016. Please make a note of these dates.
Matriculated students who are registered for Spring 2016 and/or Summer 2016 will have a total of at least 60 credits at the end of the spring or summer semester may now apply online for graduation using CUNYfirst. Go to Academics under your Student Center and click on Apply for Graduation once the filing period reopens.
If you are not currently attending and you wish to apply for graduation, please click on the Graduation FAQ link on the left side of this page and follow the instructions for applying for graduation using a paper application.
Please be aware that your curriculum (plan) in CUNYfirst must match your selection on the graduation application. You will not be eligible for graduation if you choose a curriculum (plan) other than your official plan on file. All requests that do not follow this guideline will be denied with no exceptions.
In order to earn a degree you will need to meet the following general requirements:
1. Be matriculated during your last term of attendance at Kingsborough.
2. Earn 60 credits (or the specific credit requirement for your major) meeting the specific course requirements for your degree.
3. Have a minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average at the end of your last term.
4. Have passed a Writing Intensive Course (WIC) if you entered Kingsborough in Fall 2010 or after.
5. Meet any required grading requirements for course(s), such as a minimum grade of "C" in Nursing courses.
6. Have passed the CUNY Reading, Writing, and Mathematics assessment examinations.
7. Have completed two Civic Engagement (CE) interactions if you are a Pathways student. A list of Civic Engagement courses can be found at: http://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/center_civic_engagement/Documents/CE_Certified_courses.pdf
8. File a current graduation application with the Registrar’s Office.
PLEASE NOTE--The filing period for June 2016 potential graduates will not be extended past the April 14th deadline. Please apply in a timely fashion. Also note that participation in the Commencement Ceremony does not signify graduation.
REMEMBER--An application generates the evaluation for graduation. If an application is not filed, an evaluation is not done. Previous applications are not automatically reactivated, and students are required to reapply.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION--All requirements toward a June 2016 degree must be completed by the end of the Spring 2016 session. Courses taken in the summer are applied toward August degrees. Students who are registered for Summer 2016 classes will not be considered for June degrees, and they must reapply in the summer when the August 2016 filing period opens.
REMINDER--No late applications will be accepted past the filing deadline. There will be no exceptions.
To review your transcript and apply online, click to continue to CUNYfirst login
Graduation Application Instructions