DO YOU INTEND TO GRADUATE THIS SEMESTER?
The filing period for January 2015 degrees is now CLOSED.
The filing period for January 2015 degrees was September 17, 2014 through October 9, 2014. You will not be able to file for January 2015 graduation after October 9, 2014.
The filing period for June 2015 degrees is March 11, 2015 through April 16, 2015.
Please be aware that your curriculum (plan) in CUNYfirst must match your selection on the graduation application. You will not be eligible for graduation if you choose a curriculum (plan) other than your official plan on file. All requests that do not follow this guideline will be denied with no exceptions.
In order to earn a degree you will need to meet the following general requirements:
1. Be matriculated during your last term of attendance at Kingsborough.
2. Earn 60 credits (or the specific credit requirement for your major) meeting the specific course requirements for your degree.
3. Have a 2.00 cumulative grade point average at the end of your last term.
4. Have passed a Writing Intensive course (WAC) if you entered Kingsborough in Fall 2010 or after.
5. Meet any required grading requirements for course(s) - such as a minimum grade of "C" in Nursing courses.
6. Have passed the CUNY Reading, Writing, and Mathematics assessment examinations.
7. Have passed two Civic Engagement (CE) courses if you are a Pathways student. A list of Civic Engagement courses can be found at: http://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/center_civic_engagement/Documents/CE_Certified_courses.pdf
8. File a current graduation application with the Registrar’s Office (Room A-101).
PLEASE NOTE--The filing period for September 2015 potential graduates will NOT be extended past the October 9th deadline. Please apply in a timely fashion since the filing period will not be extended beyond the deadline.
REMEMBER--An application generates the evaluation for graduation. If an application is NOT filed, an evaluation is not done. Previous applications are not automatically reactivated, and students are required to reapply.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION--All requirements toward a January 2015 degree MUST be completed by the end of the Fall 2014 session. Courses taken in the fall are applied toward January degrees - courses taken in the fall are never counted toward June or August degrees. Remember, the January 2015 filing period opens on September 17 and closes on October 9. There will be no exceptions.
COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY--Participation in the ceremony does not signify graduation. An official, final evaluation of your degree status will be completed after all course grades have been recorded.
PLEASE NOTE ***Any late applications submitted past the filing deadline will be held over for the NEXT filing period. There will be NO exceptions.***
To review your transcript, click to continue to CUNYfirst login