DO YOU INTEND TO GRADUATE THIS SEMESTER?
The filing period for August 2015 degrees closes on June 29, 2015.
The filing period for August 2015 degrees is June 18, 2015 through June 29, 2015. You will not be able to file for August 2015 graduation after the filing period closes.
The filing period for January 2016 degrees will be September 21, 2015 through October 8, 2015.
Please be aware that your curriculum (plan) in CUNYfirst must match your selection on the graduation application. You will not be eligible for graduation if you choose a curriculum (plan) other than your official plan on file. All requests that do not follow this guideline will be denied with no exceptions.
In order to earn a degree you will need to meet the following general requirements:
1. Be matriculated during your last term of attendance at Kingsborough.
2. Earn 60 credits (or the specific credit requirement for your major) meeting the specific course requirements for your degree.
3. Have a minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average at the end of your last term.
4. Have passed a Writing Intensive course (WAC) if you entered Kingsborough in Fall 2010 or after.
5. Meet any required grading requirements for course(s), such as a minimum grade of "C" in Nursing courses.
6. Have passed the CUNY Reading, Writing, and Mathematics assessment examinations.
7. Have completed two Civic Engagement (CE) interactions if you are a Pathways student. A list of Civic Engagement courses can be found at: http://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/center_civic_engagement/Documents/CE_Certified_courses.pdf
8. File a current graduation application with the Registrar’s Office (Room A-101).
PLEASE NOTE--The filing period for August 2015 potential graduates will NOT be extended past the June 29th deadline. Please apply in a timely fashion.
REMEMBER--An application generates the evaluation for graduation. If an application is NOT filed, an evaluation is not done. Previous applications are not automatically reactivated, and students are required to reapply.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION--All requirements toward an August 2015 degree MUST be completed by the end of the Summer 2015 session. Courses taken in the summer are applied toward August degrees. Students who are registered for Fall 2015 classes will not be considered for August degrees, and their applications will be held over for January 2016.
REMINDER--No late applications will be accepted past the filing deadline. There will be NO exceptions.
Click here for the graduation application.
To review your transcript, click to continue to CUNYfirst login