The Women's Center
The Center offers women a welcoming, supportive environment in which to explore educational, professional, and lifestyle issues. It is an ideal place to meet and network with other students who are also working towards a successful transition to college.
The centers hours are:
|Monday - Friday
||9:00A.M. - 5:00 P.M.|
Marine and Academic Center
|Frances Robinson, LMSW|
What Is The Center For Women ?
The Center provides women a place to gather, socialize, network and examine the transitioning lifestyles that will allow them to develop to their fullest potential.
What activities does the Center support?
The Center co-sponsors (in association with departments, programs and clubs), lectures, workshops, seminars and peer support groups that include: sexual harassment, domestic violence, stress management, legal issues, assertiveness training and leadership skills, health & wellness, financial planning and budgeting, parenting, career counseling and mentoring. Support groups are formed in response to students’ needs and schedules.
- Speakers and discussion groups on relevant topics of concern to women and non-traditional students
- Special programs, projects, seminars and workshops
- Lending library
- Open house for all students each semester
- Women’s support groups
- Current events discussions, mid-life issues and single parenting
- Individual personal and life transition counseling
- Brochures and information relating to women’s issues
- Information about women’s study courses and women’s issues
The Center offers and co-sponsors in association with departments, programs and clubs, lectures, workshops, seminars and support groups concerning the issures of women and non-traditional students.
- Sexual Harassment
- Domestic Violence
- Stress and Time Management
- Legal issues
- Assertiveness and Leadership Training
- Health and Wellness
- Referrals for Financial Planning
- Career-related issues
The Center for Women offers support and services to those students who are encountering life transitions. Through our on-going services we encourage retention and academic success for women and non-traditional students by providing specialized support programs and referrals to community resources for identifiable populations including re-entry, low-income and special services. We help our students identify and foster an awareness of the possibilities for academic success and positive personal development.
The Women’s Center Calendar of Events
Women history month calendar 2013