|Benefits for Faculty
What opportunities are available to all Science, Mathematics, Engineering and Technology faculty through KCC - LSAMP?
Adjunct or full time faculty members who wish to participate as a mentor to a student would be eligible to receive an award of $250.00 per semester per student for supplies.
Research grants are available to Full time faculty members only. These competitive awards consist of the following:
- one academic year and a summer
- 3 hours
- Research supply money: $ 250.00 each semester during the first year
- Must submit an annual progress report
- Student involvement in the summer is optional
- Must seek continued funding through LSAMP.
- two academic years and two summers
- 3 hours in the first year, 6 hours during the second year.
- : $250, each semester during the first year; $750.00, each semester during the second year
- Must submit yearly progress report
- Must seek continued funding through LSAMP Renewal Application
- Student involvement during the academic year and the second summer is required
Non-Applicants or Non-Recipients of RIP/RAP grants are encouraged to be aspiring SMET students.