Important Notice about Using Financial Aid to Buy Books! Students who receive financial aid may be able to receive financial aid to purchase books. In order to be eligible the student needs to have extra financial aid funds remaining after their tuition and fees have been paid. Students with extra financial aid will receive a "financial aid book advance". This advance will be paid directly to the student to be used to buy books and supplies.
- The maximum amount for the “financial aid book advance” is $624 for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Students who withdraw from some or all classes and/or do not attend classes will be responsible to repay some or all of the book advance funds. Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you think this applies to you.
- All checks and CUNY Scholar Support Debit Cards can be used at the KBCC campus book store.
Disbursement of Financial Aid Book Advance : The “financial aid book advance” payments will be disbursed using one of the following methods:
Example of Financial Aid Book Advance :
- CUNY Scholar Support Debit Card
- Direct Deposit into your checking/savings account
- Paper checks which will be mailed to your home (If you have not already signed up for the CUNY Scholars Support Debit Card or Direct Deposit, the “Financial Aid Book Advance” will be sent to you via paper check. You can sign up for the Debit Card or Direct Deposit for future financial aid payments.)
All students who have not yet applied for financial aid and/or have not yet submitted requested documentation must allow up to 6 weeks for processing, so please submit all required information immediately to reduce the delay in receiving your book advance.
- Student is eligible for $2500 in Financial Aid and has a tuition of $1800:
Student has an excess aid of $700. Student will receive a "financial aid book advance" for $624.
- Student is eligible for $2300 in Financial Aid and has a tuition of $1800:
Student has an excess aid of $500. Student will receive a "financial aid book advance" for $500.