Advising by appointment:
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm – Room F123
Policy and Procedures for Advising
- Appointments can be scheduled, at anytime, in room F123 or by calling 718-368-4806.
- If you cannot keep your scheduled appointment, please call Freshman Services as soon as possible to cancel or reschedule.
- Check your KCC email regularly for important updates sent to you by the college. KCC Student email
Students’ Roles and Responsibilities
In order to take advantage of the academic services available at Kingsborough, students are expected to:
- Schedule regular advising appointments each semester and/or module.
- Be on time for scheduled appointments.
- Be courteous and plan ahead by cancelling or rescheduling appointments if necessary.
- Come to appointments with prepared questions or issues to discuss with their Advisor
- Keep a record of their academic progress and completed goals.
- Familiarize themselves with Kingsborough’s academic calendar each semester and/or module – paying close attention to important deadline dates.
- Seek help when needed and use appropriate campus resources.
Academic Advisors’ Roles and Responsibilities – What Students Can Expect
Academic Advisors are expected to:
- Maintain confidentiality when working with students one on one.
- Provide accurate and updated academic information regarding general college policies and procedures, referrals to campus services and other administrative departments.
- Assist in Academic advisement
- Assist students with scheduling appropriate courses that fulfill college, department, and general education requirements each semester and/or module.
Expected Student Learning Outcomes for the Academic Advising Experience
- Students will develop a comprehensive academic plan for achieving their educational goals at Kingsborough.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the academic policies and procedures of Kingsborough.
- Students will be able to accurately interpret the program and general education requirements of their respective majors.
- Students will demonstrate effective decision making concerning their degree and career goals.