SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How will I know when I'm registered? How do I find out where my class meets?
If you register by mail or fax, make a note of the date and time when your class will meet. If you have registered early, you will receive written confirmation of your registration, including the location of your first class. Parking permits are sent out separately from the Business Office. If you do not hear from us, call (718) 368-5050. Course confirmations and class locations are available if you register in person or by phone.
2. What happens if a course is closed or cancelled?
If a course is closed or cancelled, the Office of Continuing Education will make every effort to notify you by telephone, mail or e-mail. You will be given the choice of transferring to another course or obtaining a full refund.
Please make sure your contact information is complete and correct.
3. What if I change my mind or can't attend a course?
Full refunds (minus the $25 non-refundable registration fee) will be made to any registrant who submits a request in writing to the Continuing Education Office before the first session of the course. You can transfer to another course in which space is available, providing you do so before the end of the second session. No transfers will be made after the second class session. No refunds will be made once a course has begun. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing of refunds.
4. What should I bring to the first class session?
For your first class session, paper and pencil are all that you'll need, unless otherwise noted. You may want to delay purchasing text(s) until you've met and been advised by your instructor. In some courses, instructors distribute lists of recommended, but not required books or suggested supplies. Required textbooks for courses identified with a (T) in the title are available at the Kingsborough Community College Campus Bookstore. Check with the bookstore for their hours: 718-368-5500.
Any other questions?
Call us at 1-718 368-5052 or come to in-person evening registration where, staff members will be available to answer questions each evening between 6:00 and 9:00 pm during the evening registration schedule.
Notification of policy
Kingsborough Community College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Institution. The College does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, race, color, national or ethnic origin, handicap, veteran, or marital status in its student admissions, employment, access to programs,and administration of its educational policies. Complaints should be directed to the Chief Diversity Officer & Special Assistant to the Legal Affairs and Labor Designee in Room A-209, Tel:718-368-5028 or Fax: 718-368-4509.
College rules and regulations: All Continuing Education participants are required to follow College rules and regulations. These booklets are available from the Security Office in the Library building and on line at www.kbcc.cuny.edu
Notice of possible changes: Programs, requirements, and courses are subject to change without advance notice. Tuition and fees set forth in this publication are similarly subject to change. Check the Kingsborough web site for complete details.
Approved training courses: Most certificate programs are approved by the New York State Department of Education for the training of veterans and other eligibles in accordance with Section 1775, Title 38, U.S. Code.
Tax deduction of expenses:An income tax deduction is allowed for expenses of education undertaken to maintain and improve professional skills. Please consult your accountant.
Reimbursement by employer or union: The College will accommodate requests for letters of reimbursement.
• A course fee is clearly indicated for each course offered.
• A non-refundable $25 registration fee is to be paid each semester, regardless of the number of courses taken.
• Parking is extra and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Course fees do not include textbooks or supplies. We have indicated when a course requires an extra fee for materials. Materials fees must be paid for courses where indicated.
• We accept WIA/ITA and LEAP Vouchers for most programs.
• An income tax deduction is allowed for expenses of education undertaken to maintain and improve professional skills. Please consult your accountant.
• The Office of Continuing Education will accommodate requests for letters for reimbursement by Employer or Union.
Full refunds (minus the $25 non-refundable registration fee) will be made to any registrant who submits a request in writing to the office of Continuing Education before the first session of the course. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.
No refunds will be made once a course has begun. No transfers will be made after the second class session.