Recognized as the #1 Best Company To Work for In New York, YAI Network is an award-winning, nationally acclaimed network of not-for-profit health and human services agencies dedicated to building brighter futures for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities of all ages and their families. We serve individuals, families, and communities in the NYC metropolitan area, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and Sullivan Counties within New York State. The most recent additions to our network include services to New Jersey and Puerto Rico. Our full range of services include early intervention, pre-school, family supports, day treatment and day habilitation programs, employment training and placement, clinical and residential services, as well as recreation and camping services.
|Qualifications or Eligibility:||The ideal intern will:
* have a strong interest in developing his/her research skills
* have strong writing, computer and interpersonal skills
* be detail-oriented
* be responsible and dependable
* be comfortable working w/ others
* have some college credits (preferably a completed undergraduate degree)
* have an interest in working with the developmentally and intellectually disabled population
|Application Requirements:||Please schedule an appointment with an Internship Counselor in C102 or M101. You MUST have a copy of your resume in on the day of your scheduled appointment.
|Responsibilities:||An intern interested in this opportunity will learn about:
* Project coordination (e.g.,set up, outreach, implementation)
* Survey development
* Basic data analysis
* Development of reports
* Data entry (using Excel and SPSS)
* Person-centered planning for individuals w/ developmental & intellectual disabilities
|Stipend_or_Credit:||Academic credit is recommended and available.
BACK To Majors List