|Company:||New York Needs You|
The NYNY Fellowship is a two-year program career development and leadership training program. It includes bi-weekly career workshops in which Fellows develop relationships with over 200 highly accomplished Mentor-Coaches and engage with community and business leaders. The three primary components of the curriculum are:
• Life Planning: In partnership with their Mentor-Coaches, Fellows will develop life plans that articulate a clear path to their personal and professional goals.
• Career Development: Fellows benefit from training in public speaking, personal finance, written communication, relationship management, and interviewing.
• Community Leadership Projects: Applying skills developed through NYNY, Fellows will lead projects, such as career workshops, aimed at improving success rates for their peers, which will increase NYNY’s overall impact exponentially.
|Qualifications or Eligibility:||• Applicants must have a strong academic record, reflecting a commitment to hard work and excellence. We recommend that applicants have a college GPA of 3.0 or greater.
• Applicants must demonstrate leadership and a commitment to communities in need through work experience, campus organizations, athletics or other extracurricular activities.
• Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents; preference is given to New York residents attending New York-based colleges and universities.
• Neither of my parents/guardians have a bachelor’s degree (in any country)
• Candidates must be in the process of obtaining their first associate's degree
• Must be available to attend regular Saturday workshops in Manhattan (workshops occur bi-weekly in Year 1 starting in June 2014; monthly in Year 2)
|Application Requirements:||Students must submit completed application/essays, official college and high school transcripts, letter(s) of recommendation, and current resume (one page maximum). Schedule an appointment with an Internship Counselor in C102 or M101. You MUST have a copy of your resume with you the day of your scheduled appointment. |
|Deadline:||2/20/2014 12:00 AM|
BACK To Majors List